facebook

snap bids

by: PNM

So what's the deal with snap bids? What are they/how do they work/are they common/and does OSU ever do them?

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Bump   

I'm curious too

By: Bump
#2  by: not exactly sure   

but is goes something like this if a house didn't make quota either because they cut to much??? or just didn't have enough girls wanting them on their bid list then the can give (not sure how they find out who didn't get a bid) those interested a snap bid but I think this is risky
I know KD and piphi gave out snap bids last year
Ask your rho gam she should have all the info.

By: not exactly sure
#3  by: Snaps    

This happens only when a chapter does not fill quota. That Chapter may offer bids to PNMs whose preferences were not matched and was not extended a bid by chapters they listed on their preference rankings. This process takes place before bids are distributed, and the PNM would be contact by a sorority offering her a snap bid. If she chooses to accept, the new member would participate in normal Bid Day activities.

By: Snaps
by: ...Jan 26, 2015 2:45:33 PM

false. My chapter has made quota and we already have a list ready for snap bids. You can snap bid to do whats called "quota-plus".

By: ...
by: No you are falseJan 27, 2015 8:29:29 AM

That is not a snap bid list, your chapter has a list of COBs. Snap bids are for chapters to reach quota before bid day.

By: No you are false
#4  by: PNM   

Could you get a snap bid to a house you weren't invited back to for pref round or sisterhood? How do they decide which girls to invite back?

By: PNM
by: Dear PNMJan 24, 2015 5:38:45 PM

1. Yes you can but it would be rare.
2. That's private information.

By: Dear PNM
#5  by: PNM   

Can you only get a snap bid if you're matched absolutely nowhere else? And how do you signal interest in getting a snap bid?

by: Dear PNMJan 24, 2015 5:39:45 PM

1. Yes, only if you go bidless or drop out
2. Let your RG know

#6  by: PNM   

Yeah, if you were dropped by a house pre-sisterhood round, is there any chance of you getting a snap bid from them?

by: Dear PNMJan 24, 2015 5:43:28 PM

It would be rare, but it's possible. All chapters that don't make quota get a list of members who go bidless, with the exception of those who suicide. Typically a chapter is only looking at 1 or 2 to snap bid, with the exception of a couple very lower tier chapters. Chances are VERY unlikely that you would be high on a chapter's list that dropped you pre-sisterhood.

#7  by: active   

do not bank on a snap bid - the likelihood of this occurring is rare.

By: active
by: yeahJan 26, 2015 6:56:44 AM

Rare indeed

By: yeah
#8  by: snapbids   

usually only happen with the chapters that are not very good

By: snapbids
by: Eh...Jan 26, 2015 2:31:57 PM

Pi phi and kappa have had to snap bid recently to make quota. It also happens if a chapter does a lot worse than they did the previously year or if they cut more girls than they are supposed to cut...

By: Eh...
by: 2014Jan 26, 2015 2:43:46 PM

Kappa Delta had to snap last year. I don't remember how many they had to get to make quota but I do remember they did.

By: 2014
by: no.Jan 26, 2015 2:46:28 PM

not true.

By: no.
by: KD Jan 26, 2015 3:12:13 PM

Did snap bid I can write the name but I won't ... hint she's blonde and tall

By: KD
#9  by: no.   

Chapters do not only snap bid because they didn't make quote. A lot snap bid even after making quote 1) as members drop and 2) to make "Quote-plus" which is where you are allowed to take more than quota. Don't ask how or why some take quota-plus because that is confusing and confidential. But chapters who have already made quota already have their snap bid list. Over time they will extend their snap bids 1 by 1 to the women they have chosen on that list. They will reach out to you and you have the choice to accept or not.

By: no.
by: Wrong...Jan 26, 2015 4:41:03 PM

Quota plus is a quota addition and has nothing to do with snap bids. Quota additions are women that maximized their options after pref round. If a bid is extended after a member drops, the PNM is being extended a bid during informal recruitment and it is a COB/COR bid. Snap bids are only extended between the determining of the bid lists and when bid day starts for formal recruitment. You can only snap bid to quota but not over quota.

By: Wrong...
#10  by: Quotas Plus   

It's not private info. Quota plus has nothing to do with Snap Bids. This is called a "Quota addition" which is awarded to PNMs who maximize their options. This means KD went VERY deep into their bid list (typically the bottom) so that those girls get bids.

By: Quotas Plus

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.