facebook

gamma phi beta

by: ?

Im confused on how exactly formal works for new chapters. i guess my main questions are who will we talk to during recruitment? and how will we get a feel for if we like the house/our future sisters?

Posted By: ?
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: :)   

hahaha iu competitive? go south and you'll see what competitive is. and i did say if you're lucky enough to get a bid so obvi i would be excited if any chapter expressed interest...i don't plan on wasting anyone's time. anyways thanks for the input :)

By: :)
#12  by: okay...   

That actually made no sense. OSU is not the south and it's not IU. sorry. Again i'll trust girls actually in houses opinions over someone hidden by a screen name on this site. And it's actually nationally known IU has 1 of the if not the most competitive Recruitments. use the internet. you'll learn a lot.

By: okay...
#13  by: ummm   

yeah it did...IU is not competitive and neither is OSU. not sorry. learn to read. and actually it's widely known that southern schools have the most competitive recruitments. and yeah id hope youd trust people you speak with over whats said on gr! go back to IU...youre mean :(

By: ummm
#14  by: Clarify   

While I go to OSU, I do know that IU is competitive for one and only one reason, and it isn't the same dog-eat-dog that you get at Bama, Ole Miss or Auburn. Where OSU (and every campust that uses RFM) bases their quota on the number of girls that go through recruitment, IU has what is known as a "bed total". Each house can only offer bids on the number of beds that are available in the house.

For example, at Ohio State, let's assume that 500 girls to to pref, then quota is around 500 divided by 14. At IU, if 500 go to pref and there are 400 beds in chapter houses available, 20% go bidless.

IU is wacky. It's the only campus in the US that does this.

By: Clarify
#15  by: hmm   

That doesn't sound too bed/awfully competitive in the sense that basically if you're a sophomore you're screwed. IU has an absolutely ridiculous system. I went through recruitment there, dropped due to transferring, but it's cut throat because of that system. So many girls with perfect rush's go bidless. So i guess my point is, here, you won't have almost 50% go bidless.

By: hmm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.