facebook

fall 2013

by: look around

Everyone is back on campus and the truth is coming out. As a senior in a "top tier" sorority I'm genuinely sad about where greek life seems to be going, but here's the rankings.

Sororities:
Alpha Phi/Theta
PiPhi

KD
DDD
ChiO (its better to be one of these three with socials)

DG/Kappa (theyll go back to being better someday, but I genuinely don't think I'll see it while I'm still here at osu)

AGD
AXiD

AXO/DZ
AEPhi
AOPi

Fraternities:

PhiPsi
TKE

Delt
KappaSig/PhiDelt (PhiDelt is sitting with Kappa for football block so really its kinda like theyre paired since theyre having open block, and KappaSig would be better if they rushed some nice guys)

Pike (hungout with a few at The O this summer, and they seem more organized than ATO)
SAE (that party was so stupid I hardly have words for it)
ATO (paired up with a "bottom tier" sorority for football block, and rather than being gentlemen theyre completely ditching them, thats not like all the guys I used to know in that group)

Posted By: look around
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: not bad   

I agree with pretty much everything except I'd put DG above KD and below Pi Phi. They're not in as much trouble as Kappa and still have some very attractive girls

By: not bad
by: idkAug 23, 2013 6:05:42 PM

theyre most recent pledge class wasnt a typical one for them, not saying theyre terrible like piphi's but werent as good and still have a semester to serve of social, but kudos to them for winning variety show, and id agree one theyre off of social

By: idk
#2  by: disagree   

After being back on campus, idk how you could leave Phi Kappa Theta off this list. The parties they threw this week were awesome and they certainly look to be at the same level as Delt or Kappa Sig.

By: disagree
by: right...Aug 24, 2013 10:01:19 AM

when rats charter their own sorority, then they'll having a group of girls who actually always show up and someone to sit with at football block, until then, theyre completely irrelevant

By: right...
by: HahaAug 24, 2013 12:36:31 PM

Are you kidding they will never be relevant on this campus

By: Haha
#3  by: HighSt   

Dear Miss Top Tier: How about some Panhel love? Or doesn't that exist in your chapter? Sorry!

By: HighSt
#4  by: lolz   

that SAE party doe... really was terrible

By: lolz
#5  by: Frat   

Sororities:
Pi Phi/Theta
APhi (still too many Snookies to be at the top)

DG/Kappa (even with all of their troubles, some girls still want the pseudo status of these house and some will choose them over the three above)

KD/ChiO (Sorry KD, you get good PCs, but I just can't put you up there)
DDD/AGD (DDD and ChiO will get the best girls doing informal)

AXiD (kind of out by themselves -- girls choose them over those below but always lose girls on their first list to the chapters above)

AXO/DZ (probz at Alpha Chi and DZ doing much better but still trying to get over a bad stigma from years ago)
AEPhi (serve a niche)
AOPi (just can't seem to recruit well during formal)

By: Frat
by: GuestSep 1, 2013 9:23:50 AM

ChiO takes more sweet geeky girls that might not be that cute compared to KD or even DDD, Id put KD alone (PR image is something and thats what they live off of) and AGDs potential really peaked from when they kicked all those girls out, plus they arent as strong nationally like ChiO or DDD.

KD
ChiO/DDD
AGD

By: Guest
#6  by: Truth   

Anyone that doesn't think chi o is the top, and KD and pi phi and theta are all in the top are lying to themselves. All top grades, top in shows, involved on campus, and top in philanthropy hours/dollars. I'm sorry you went ADPI and hate the life or realize that kappa will never be a top house. Haha sorry the truth hurts. Maybe you should have not talked about cats and species of insects during recruitment, or maybe how much you love Nutella on bagels....

By: Truth
by: FalseSep 5, 2013 5:37:34 PM

There is no ADPi on this campus. I guess that truth hurts too.

By: False
by: ummSep 6, 2013 7:05:13 PM

Not being mean, but with those chapter descriptions and such, I think you have the wrong school.

By: umm
#7  by: brohio   

i'd drop kappa sig down. their block sucked and they're just not much fun to be around

By: brohio
by: Indianola Sep 6, 2013 3:38:45 PM

I see where youre coming from on the kappa sig block. However in my opinion it Started slow but when it picked up it was a good time... Plus it is with aphi, that helps

By: Indianola
by: Re:IndianolaSep 7, 2013 10:20:00 AM

Alpha phi is the only thing saving that block, and the girls I'm friends with don't even want to be there.

By: Re:Indianola
by: HahaSep 7, 2013 9:18:35 PM

So many of them left and went to Phi Psi's block

By: Haha
#8  by: SAE   

Should be at the bottom of this list. They have no real block now that Chi O's nationals cancelled it, although it wasn't as if they would have had a great block anyway, with the way Chi O and SAE actually party.

By: SAE
#9  by: true   

The frats are as stated above:

Phi Psi
TKE

Delt
Kappa Sig
Phi Delt

Pike
SAE
ATO

Rising: Delt (let's be honest, you can't deny they've made progress), TKE (have done better than anyone thought going into this year), Pike (have made a strong showing so far, we'll see what they actually do)

Maintaining: SAE (just cruising, not bad, but hurt by no block), Phi Psi (top and still will be), Kappa Sig (could rise, but they're wasting potential)

Falling: Phi Delt (really hurt by Kappa and DG being in trouble), ATO (they're with AEPhi for block, enough said)

By: true
by: this listSep 15, 2013 9:23:53 AM

is pretty much perfect and I couldnt agree more. I think so long as Delt keeps doing a decent job they could be top tier by the end of the year, and if Kappa Sig keeps stagnating (had a TG with them and it was very boring, nice guys, but boring) the qualifications for being the Top of the Middle tier will include Pike (they need to do well too, but they seem to be pulling away from the Middle tier)

By: this list
by: Big 2Sep 15, 2013 11:58:23 AM

It really is Phi Psi and TKE and everyone else. None of you guys come close to their social events.

By: Big 2

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.