facebook

informal ... how it works?

by: Hopeful

Can someone explain EXACTLY how informal recruitment for sororities will work?! I know how the process of formal recruitment works but I'm still a little confused on how informal goes! I would really appreciate in depth details! Thanks (:

Posted By: Hopeful
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Panhellenic Prep   

Informal Recruitment operates similarly to fraternity recruitment: you register online (go to PHA Ohio State's website for directions and details). The Panhellenic Association or PHA (the governing body comprised by all 16 sororities) should supply you with which houses are recruiting (most likely Chi Omega; Kappa Delta; Alpha Xi Delta; Delta Gamma; Alpha Omicron Pi; Alpha Epsilon Pi; and possibly Kappa Alpha Theta). I would consider contacting their Recruitment Chairs to let them know you're interested. Those chapters should be holding recruitment events or open houses. Go to as many as you can for each house to get the best feel for which chapter is for you. PHA should call you with 1-3 Bid offers. You can accept one or turn down all of them. Then, BID DAY :D

By: Panhellenic Prep
by: HopefulAug 17, 2013 1:01:37 PM

I went to the PHA website and there is no where to register... I'm nervous that I won't be able to particiapte if I am not able to register. I will deff contact the recruitment chairs. Would you recommend contacting all of them or just the ones I'm interested in?
Thanks for all the tips! ((:

By: Hopeful
by: sophAug 17, 2013 3:34:21 PM

so youre saying its pretty unlikely to not get any bids if you focus on 3-4 houses?

By: soph
by: hiAug 17, 2013 7:12:55 PM

no, there are still girls who dont get bids, but honestly sororities doing informal are a little more lenient on standards. and Re: Hopeful, try to look at all of the houses, the houses I thought I liked prior to recruitment are houses I wouldnt be happy in now

By: hi
#2  by: PHA Website   

PHA has yet to calculate total. So the chapters themselves don't know whether or not they are recruiting. I would go with "hi"'s suggestion and contact all the recruitment chairs. I thought that I would for sure join one house and ended up in a totally different one. Just be patient :) Best of luck!

By: PHA Website

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.