facebook

dues

by: freshmen

how much are dues for various fraternities for a semester?

Posted By: freshmen
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: well   

to join a good fraternity (think upper mid to top tier), it'll be anywhere from ~$600 - ~$1500 per semester. Keep in mind that doesn't include social dues and other miscellaneous things. The higher you go in "tiers," the more expensive it generally is. Some fraternities will cut dues for certain people like varsity athletes or guys with high GPAs

By: well
#2  by: re:dues   

Do you plan on living in the fraternity house at any point?

By: re:dues
by: FreshmenAug 13, 2013 8:45:17 PM

how much are social dues usually? And I would like to live in a house eventually.

By: Freshmen
by: re: FreshmenAug 13, 2013 9:22:17 PM

Social dues vary greatly from house to house. I can't give you an accurate number because I don't know about everyone, but it will be more expensive for TKE and Phi Psi, than say, SAE. Living in the house won't really change the cost because you usually pay rent separately from your dues. Some houses reduce dues by a small amount if you live in the house, though, I think.

By: re: Freshmen
by: wrongAug 13, 2013 9:32:37 PM

Living in the house for some fraternities can cost a lot. I know for some of the nicer houses on campus like sigma chi, phi psi, and some other fraternities that their live in dues are around almost 5000 dollars a semester. Their social fee is not included in that amount either.

By: wrong
by: SigX & PhiPsiAug 13, 2013 9:51:43 PM

operate a little more like sorority houses in that they have live-in and live-out dues, then social dues on top of that. (example) You might only pay say $700 to be in ATO, but then to live in a house hometeam owns and pay rent/utilities each month you end up paying $450-500 a month, so it ends up being around 3000, compared to phi psi and sig chi who own their homes and the money stays in the house and chapter more.

Truthfully, if you have to ask you can't afford it. (atleast for phi psi and sig chi if they start doing well again) look around at TKE (a lot of their brothers come from modest families) Delt, Kappa Sig (like to believe they have a snob appeal), Phi Delt (lower dues but higher social) ATO/Pike (in similar situations except that Pike isnt loosing their house after this year)

By: SigX & PhiPsi
by: huhAug 14, 2013 12:17:48 AM

ATO is losing their house?

By: huh
by: idkAug 14, 2013 11:20:41 AM

who that person's source is but from what I know after this year Hometeam isnt interested in renting it and the University if offering to buy the property to join it with the two lots behind it and the one next to it

By: idk

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.