facebook

sorority parties

by: jw

Hi! I’m interested in rushing a sorority in the Spring, but was wondering how often they party and have socials/date parties. I have a few friends that go to other big universities and they have date parties not only on the weekends, but on Wednesday/Thursday nights. I love to go out on the weekends, but my studies come first, so I usually stay in during the week. Is this how it is at osu sororities or are social events held mainly on weekends? Just wondering - Thanks!

Posted By: jw
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ___   

Sororities usually only have around 2 date parties in a semester. They are almost always on a Friday or Saturday, but occasionally I hear of stuff on Thursdays. I’m in a sorority and I go out a lot but school is my first priority and I’ve never felt pressured to go out or looked down upon for staying in on the weekend to study. My sorority and i usually just goes out Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. Varies by the person but that’s the norm for my sorority except for special things like a friends birthday.

By: ___
by: jwSep 19, 2018 6:22:05 PM

Thank you so much! Is there a difference between date parties and mixers/socials or are they interchangeable?

By: jw
by: ^Sep 20, 2018 9:54:51 PM

I'm not the person who replied to you but date parties are their own thing. There are TGs and mixers aside from that, though. Like the poster above said, you won't feel pressured or looked down upon if you choose not to go out. I have friends in houses other than my own and we all skip out on nights out if we have a project or something major to study for. No biggie!

By: ^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.