facebook

should i informal

by: Guest

Is it worth it to do informal recruitment for a sorority as a transfer student? Or should i wait for formal recruitment? I want to make friends since it’s a new campus but what houses would i be able to have the option of joining?

Posted By: Guest
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: 15th   

its worth it. its more laid back but not as many sororities offer informal. less competition when you go informal. i should have done informal

By: 15th
#2  by: unsure   

I’m considering it too. Anyone know which ones are doing it yet? Just curious, I know there are fewer options.

By: unsure
by: TJul 30, 2018 1:23:17 PM

Sororities should find out later this week who will be participating and who will not

By: T
#3  by: informal   

Yes I was looking into it too after assuming I would just do formal. Now I am thinking about informal. Are there pros and cons to both? I would assume options are more limited with informal? Sounds like not all houses participate each year

By: informal
#4  by: INformal   

I only did formal rush and my house doesn't really do informal but my friends in other houses who've done it say it is soooo much better. More chill, more real, less frenetic and fake, So that's good...but you're restricting yourself to a certain group of sororities. Not saying that's a bad thing - but it's a thing, and to be real you're not going to see many of the better houses doing informal.

By: INformal
by: "Better"Aug 1, 2018 9:16:20 AM

"Better" is subjective. Are you saying your friends that joined during informal joined worse houses than you? That's pretty condescending and you don't sound like much of a friend.
Not everyone does informal but about half the chapters will each semester and, especially in the fall, it has a lot to do with how large the senior pledge class was that graduated. There might only be a spot or two at some chapters but that doesn't make them "worse" than your chapter.

By: "Better"

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.