facebook

social media and sorority rush

by: new freshman

Hi everyone. I am an incoming freshman and excited about the possibility of joining a sorority. I know this is super early to ask any questions about sorority rush, but most of my friends who are going away to school have been discussing it since they start the process in the early fall instead of winter. We were talking about social media, specifically Instagram, and whether or not the girls look at your content/photos during recruitment. I don't post anything distasteful, but I'm currently private on my account and didn't know if that is something that could hurt my chances if members do in fact use a PNMs social media to try and find out more about them. Friends of mine are going to southern schools so this might not even be something that is done here but wanted to ask because we were just talking about it and it was on my mind :) Thanks!

Posted By: new freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Welll   

If it’s public, we make sure it’s nothing that is going to make our chapter look bad or put us at risk. If it’s private, we don’t think much of it honestly.

By: Welll
by: ^May 2, 2018 7:22:11 PM

yes agreed. I don't think a private IG account (at least in my house) has ever hurt a girl's chances but definitely don't post anything questionable if it is public. You don't want to risk the wrong person seeing it (kind of life advice and not just recruitment advice btw) and have it hurt your chances at a house that might otherwise think you're a good fit.

Your post mentions that you don't share anything bad though, so if it was just being private that concerns you I wouldn't worry about it!

By: ^
#2  by: HI   

My personal opinion is that if you don’t post anything distasteful then being public will actually really help you. It helps us get a fee for your personality, values, and interests more so than a short conversation will. However it’s importsnt you learn now that Greek life here is VERY different from the south. Don’t take it too seriously

By: HI

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.