facebook

service frats/business frats etc.

by: :)

What are the vibes and feelings surrounding service frats and business frats on campus? Like Alpha Phi Omega, Alpha Kappa Psi, Delta Sigma Pi, etc? Thanks!

Posted By: :)
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: :)   

Bump

By: :)
#2  by: .   

I’m curious too as I’m considering joining one of these

By: .
#3  by: Friends   

I am not in one, but I have multiple friends in a service frat and a couple friends in some of the business frats, and everyone really seems to love it! My one friend actually got a really great internship through a connection she made in her business frat! They also have formals and everything, so I would definitely say it is something to check out!

By: Friends
by: FriendsApr 19, 2018 4:21:13 PM

Sorry, my friends are in the service frat Alpha Phi Omicron (APO) and my friend that got the internship is in Pi Sigma Epsilon (business frat)

By: Friends
by: SeniorApr 20, 2018 2:54:46 PM

Do they discriminate against juniors and seniors is it it not like that

By: Senior
#4  by: Well   

To be honest, they’re not part of what is considered “greek life”. They don’t fall under PHA, IFC, NPHC, or MCGC, which is the four that fall within what is considered “greek life”. Rather, these organizations are more so honoraries and clubs with greek letters typically. ( For this reason, you may join an org in one of the groups listed before and a professional greek letter org).

That being said, they’re great for what they are! They are focused more so professionally though. You will have socials and formal, but 75%+ falls within professional development areas. You’ll absolutely make friends you’re more social with and go out with, and members will have parties too, but it is much different than anything this site considers as a fraternity or sorority.

These organizations are looked at generally as clubs more so. You’ll make friends and have fun, but it’s definitely way different than what we consider “greek life” generally.

By: Well
#5  by: Truth   

The networking and career opportunities in a business frat are probably superior, or at least more of a focal point, than in a social frat, but the social opportunities will likely be more limited. Worth keeping in mind that many social frats also have great networking if you chose to take advantage of them. I'd say a social/business frat is a "Greek Lite" experience, for those who don't have the time or money, or interest, to invest in a more traditional greek experience. You'll meet people but won't be as close with them as in a traditional org., you'll have parties and events to go to but not as many, etc.

By: Truth
#6  by: Senior   

Do they discriminate against new members being juniors or seniors (upperclassmen)? I’m gonna be a senior and I’m interested in a service frat

By: Senior
by: WtfApr 29, 2018 4:16:36 PM

CAN SOMEONE JUST ANSWER WHETHER THEY WILL LOOK DOWN ON YOU FOR RUSHING AS A JUNIOR OR SENIOR OR NOT

By: Wtf

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.