facebook

most affordable sorority

by: broke lol

I’m gonna be a junior and the reason I’ve kept out of Greek life has been because it’s so expensive. Which chapter is the most affordable?

Posted By: broke lol
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Pha   

The PHA lookbook is online with dues info (new member, live in, live out) for 2017-18 so that should be helpful for you. For 2017-18 AXO has the lowest live out dues, tri delt and DG have the lowest live in

By: Pha
#2  by: Kik Kak   

Honestly, if cost is a big issue for you, you probably should not be looking at Greek Life. Although, I know someone who took out loans for sorority dues, but I don't think that's a good idea, personally. Some may offer financial aid/scholarships; not sure how competitive it is.

By: Kik Kak
by: umApr 16, 2018 6:23:41 PM

That’s pretty rude. Someone no matter how much money they do or don’t have should all be able to experience the same things. If she wants to don’t discourage her.

By: um
#3  by: i think   

if I remember i think AOPI is the cheapest, but all dues work different. For instance some chapters have things like tshirt prices and stuff put into their dues so theyre "free" when you get them, while other chapters have lower dues but thats because if you want a certain shirt or something you would pay out of pocket. As said before though you should be able to see dues online or ask any sororitys you're interested in and they would probably be happy to tell you, just some dues have other things built in while others do not but are cheaper.

By: i think
by: i thinkApr 15, 2018 9:54:40 PM

just realized that someone earlier said achio had lowest dues so im sorry for the wrong information, definitely go off of what is posted in the look book because that will be right. You get the idea though. Best of luck, i know sororitys can be expensive!

By: i think
by: KalsoApr 16, 2018 8:29:45 PM

When you join talk to your financial chair! I’m in one of the most “expensive” ones and I was able to get it down to a very affordable price that I can easily pay working 12 hours a week. Don’t let the cost scare you away I know plenty of girls who pay their own way even in a sorority with very high dues! I would worry more about a live in requirement because that will definitely cost more than living in an apartment.

By: Kalso
#4  by: :)   

I think AXO is cheapest this year for live out dues, but like someone else said you can find all the dues online on the lookbook. Don't just go off of those though, because I know from talking to friends in other chapters, different chapters include different amounts of stuff in the dues. For example, my chapter doesn't have very expensive dues compared to some, but all of our t-shirts and a lot of other random little expenses aren't included in dues but we get billed for them. Some of the chapters whose dues seem more expensive include all those things though, so it kinda evens out.

By: :)
#5  by: ...   

Not to be rude but if you’re a junior you’re not going to have many options so if you’re counting on having multiple houses and choosing the least expensive one I would rethink that...

By: ...
#6  by: Rude   

Ignore any rude comments about joining as a junior. I’m in a great house & rushed as a junior.

It’s important to try to get the low down too on who includes what in their dues. Some chapter dues are pretty much all-inclusive, while others you have to pay separately for apparel, formal, etc. AOII has pretty low dues & includes a lot of their apparel. I’ve noticed AGD is pretty affordable too.

Associate chapters like Phi Rho May be a good fit too if you fit their major requirements

By: Rude

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.