facebook

kappa kappa gamma back on top? maybe.

by: ?

Kappa's back (much to everyone's distaste). But, the biggest topic of their comeback has been whether or not they're going to be back on top right where they left off, or if they'll have to work their way back up the totem pole. I think Kappa has a great shot at going right back where they left off. Here's why. The recruitment system does not work as well as most claim it does, especially this past recruitment we just finished. If you have a low GPA, dropped. If you have one not so great conversation with an active at a house, dropped. If you don't look your best that day of recruitment, dropped. SO many girls this past formal rush that were gorgeous, down to earth, intelligent, and top tier/middle tier material either dropped recruitment, suicided and didn't get a bid, or fell through the cracks. Keep in mind that all the girls rushing Kappa aren't just "rejects." There's a huge handful of great quality girls rushing Kappa. Not only do they want to be a part of Kappa, they want to change the not-so-great reputation Kappa had before they were kicked off campus. Plus, juniors and seniors have the opportunity to rush Kappa, which helps them bring in a more diverse pool with even more potential. I personally think they have a great shot at going back on top due to so many great girls not finishing recruitment this Spring. However, there's also the possibility that they end up starting out in the mid-tier range and having to claw their way back up to the top. Really curious to see what everyone else thinks?!

Posted By: ?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yeah   

A lot of good girls fell through the cracks, I agree. They have potential to be decent but they won't start back on top solely from recolonizing and nationals will want to keep them lowkey after the incident before

By: Yeah
#2  by: no   

disagree. the girls who join kappa are the ones who got dropped by top tier houses during recruitment and couldn't handle the idea of not being in a top house so they dropped recruitment. it will be full of girls constantly trying to convince people that kappa is top just like the person in this post is

By: no
by: @noJan 28, 2018 6:48:19 PM

COuld not agree more with this comment, can someone tell Kappa Nationals to get off this website? They’re me arassign themselves

By: @no
#3  by: eh   

yes and no. yes, i think kappa could go back on top over the next couple of years but not right away. they seem like they have some diverse, cool girls rushing. i know i've heard alot of girls rushing kappa saying they want to change their previous reputation and earn back the respect for the other frats and sororities, but it'll take time. saying something and actively doing something is a huge difference. i am curious to see how they come back though and what their pledge class (is that what we could call it?) will look like.

By: eh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.