facebook

kappa on top

by: Opinion

Do you think kappa is going to rise back up to the top once reinstated or think they’re going end up at best making middle tier after a few years?

Posted By: Opinion
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Yes   

They probably will be good. They’re already a bit ahead because they’ll be getting their house next year. Some new members may not be exactly who they want but I think they will invite some really cool girls , maybe a 50/50?

By: Yes
#2  by: eh   

i think they will be around lower middle, i wouldnt be surpripised if they want to recruit a lot of lowkey girls because of their hazing fiasco. also no one in PHA wanted them back (there was literally a vote that PHA went against), so they dont have that going for them.

By: eh
#3  by: Kappa Coming Back   

Remember: all the girls they get were girls who were rejected from other sororities. Aka not top or anywhere close.

By: Kappa Coming Back
#4  by: hm   

from what i've heard, apparently "tiers" take lots of years to really shift/form, and new sororities/fraternities start low. (Yes I realize Kappa isn't exactly new). So yeah I think it's possible but I think it would take a very long time.

By: hm
#5  by: Oh   

Gonna take them a couple years.. think about it they are taking all girls this year who got 0 bids

By: Oh
#6  by: Maybe   

Honestly, I think Kappa has a great chance at getting back on top. The fact of the matter is that the recruitment system is somewhat flawed and there were TONS of gorgeous/sweet/top and middle tier material girls who dropped or suicided. So many girls fell through the cracks this year and most of them are rushing Kappa.

By: Maybe
#7  by: Opinion   

I think we’re also forgetting about the girls who’s parents are kappas and probably made them pass on Formal to do Kappa. People keep saying oh it’s all girls who got no bids. There are girls who got bids or had a bunch of houses but dropped because they didn’t see themselves there(which they’re entitled to decide for themselves because it is a commitment). On the other hand of that, yeah there are gonna be some strange girls going for Kappa. But, Kappa is only taking 200 girls which is small compared to the amount of girls that are going for it. So hopefully, whoever is recruiting will make a good choice. I feel like we need to stop hating on each other no matter how low the sorority is and just focus on our own ties. (I’m in an upper mid tier sorority but my best friend is going for Kappa so I thought I’d add my input) I could be totally wrong and they could be a bust. Who knows lol

By: Opinion
by: To "You Rock"Feb 2, 2018 12:43:51 PM

Actually, you are a reject because you got dropped from other houses you wanted over your final 3 and weren't happy.

Stop pretending kappa is relevant.

By: To "You Rock"
by: ^^Feb 2, 2018 12:56:44 PM

Sounds like you're a bitter mid tier that is pissed off that Kappa will only make it even worse for your sorority socially and for recruitment

By: ^^
#8  by: :)   

bump

By: :)
#9  by: Kentucky   

Kappa is walking in with an awesome house, something most new colonies do not have! Yes, there were PNMs who didn't do formal recruitment so they could try to pledge Kappa. Despite 2 years off and some iffy behavior in the past, Kappa won't be a bottom feeder. Look for them to quickly have top GPA.

By: Kentucky
#10  by: .   

okay I do have to say though, just from seeing some of the photos of their bid day today, kappa does have some pretty hot girls. if we weren’t suspended I definitely would have been down to do some TGs or pregames.

By: .

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.