facebook

pc

by: yooo

How big is a typical top/mid tier sorority's pledge class?

Posted By: yooo
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: 15th   

The same as all of the other chapters +/- a few. Quota will be set right before pref and every chapter is permitted to take quota, with some chapters able to take quota additions based on mutual matching. The QAs are too complicated to explain here but quota the past couple of years have been in the 60s.

By: 15th
by: Quota plusJan 18, 2018 6:55:49 PM

In case any PNMs are wondering, here's the simplest way I can explain quota additions/quota plus:

If you write down all of your houses after pref round (i.e. you don't leave any houses off), you are guaranteed a bid. If you are towards the bottom of all of your remaining houses' bid lists and all your houses reach quota before they get to your name, you will be a quota addition because you will be in a house. This is why some houses have a larger pledge class than quota. A PNM is more likely to be a quota addition if they only have one or two houses left on pref round and if their remaining houses are very competitive. You will never know if you are a quota addition, and I don't believe anyone in the chapter would know either.

PSA: If you suicide a house, or only list 2/3 of your remaining houses, you CANNOT be a quota addition. You are more likely to be in your top house if you list all of your houses after pref round. Give all houses a chance and decide after Bid Day. And if you'd rather try for KKG, do not sign a bid agreement because you mess up quota for everyone.

By: Quota plus

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.