facebook

is osu greek life dying?

by: Tausbaby

The university seems adamant on putting every relevant fraternity on C&D. Are they trying to kill greek life? Is the solution to put a universal ban on all freshman females at block/any event?

Posted By: Tausbaby
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Lightengine   

As soon as the university was threatened by politicians with reduced state support based upon graduation rates, they doubled the dormitory capacity and required that freshmen and sophomores pay $22,000 per year for room and board and tuition which is the maximum amount that student loans can provide. Of course this is just a coincidence. Approved housing requires a live in scholastic advisor, sprinkler systems, and Greek members must meet requirements for voluntary service. The inability to recruit freshmen and sophomores is killing the Greek system and I believe this is intentional The University has been on a building binge for years to erect massive buildings that are monuments to institutional ego. The percentage of faculty that are tenured is half of what it used to be. So the obvious question is institutional ego and lack of cost consciousness going to continue. The high cost of college is creating a shortage of general practice doctors because they are not paid enough to cover the massive loans they graduate with. It seems that Ohio State always has its hands out for more alumni donations. I believe that Ohio State has become out of control on costs and already has too much income. I would like to see all alumni donations be stopped until the University proves that it is cost conscious an really cares about the out of control economic burden it puts on students and their families. When I attended in 1962 my first year, my total costs were less than $1,900 per year. CPI adjusted this amounts to about $10,500 today. Something is definitely wrong at Ohio State and it seems that greed is being allowed to kill the Greek system.

By: Lightengine

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.