facebook

informal recruitment

by: pnm

Who do we know is participating in informal recruitment, now that the involvement fair has happened?

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Well   

There may be more but AOII, AEPhi, AXiD, as well as PhiRho, ASU.

By: Well
by: NotAug 21, 2017 10:10:10 AM

THE ones I know are AGD, ChiO, AOPi, AXO, and AEPhi

By: Not
by: fall recruitment/informalAug 21, 2017 1:26:58 PM

is how you know which chapters are better than others. either their not as wanted during recruitment and now have to recruit again, or girls join and drop.

You don't see
Pi Phi/DG/Aphi
KD
Theta/Tridelt

doing it

By: fall recruitment/informal
by: NoAug 21, 2017 2:53:34 PM

It also has to do with how many seniors graduated, and outside factors like girls who accepted a bid and dropped because they couldn't pay, grades, etc. all of those chapters have done informal before, but usually don't advertise as much. Talk to anyone on PHA council or exec if you don't believe they do it too.

By: No
by: not quiteAug 21, 2017 3:30:10 PM

seniors arent an excuse unless a girl graduates early. if you have more seniors than other chapters it's because you took more juniors or sophomores during formal (which isnt ideal).

ive been on pha, so unless youre claiming that the chapters with faster achieving women are the ones recruiting, everything falls back on the chapter. the reason the better houses dont have to publicize it is because they have fewer spots and don't need the out of the know girls' attention to fill those spots.

By: not quite
by: Um Aug 21, 2017 10:23:18 PM

Tiers have nothing to do with it. Every sorority you named in the past 5 years has had to do some form of informal even if it's the kind that most of these sororitys are doing which is handing out 3-5 bids. Chill out with the ego.

By: Um
by: NahAug 22, 2017 10:21:34 AM

So wrong. I know aopi a few years ago had more than a 1/3 of their chapter graduate. They were so far behind in numbers it wasn't funny. It's just one year they got a bunch of freshmen and the next year they got a bunch of sophomores. Aopi also allows girls to stay for extra years, so that also added into their large graduating class. I think someone said they graduated 20 more girls than the other sororities that year. True, they would have probably had to do informal anyways, but to say graduating doesn't affect is wrong. Maybe if you always get freshman (only freshman) and no one quits ever and they have to leave after their 4th yr of college and they go for all 4 yrs, then MAYBE graduating seniors wouldn't be a factor.

By: Nah
by: Thumbs upAug 22, 2017 10:23:39 AM

Thumbs up if you think "@doing it" is someone in a top tier sorority who gives Greek life a bad name because of nasty comments like that

By: Thumbs up
by: @fall recruitment/informaAug 22, 2017 12:03:17 PM

Actually, I'm pretty sure KD did it last fall or the fall before. They had like 5 girls iirc

By: @fall recruitment/informa
#2  by: actually   

I can confirm that AXO is not, @not

By: actually
#3  by: dear pnms   

don't fear the "bottom tier" labels, people's hateful comments, or the fact that a chapter is doing informal. There are lots of reasons chapters do informal and informal is an awesome (and much less stressful/forced/fake) chill way to meet sisters and see if you fit with them, so definitely try to attend informal events! and expand your options since informal can be a bit competitive. Keep an open mind to all chapters and you're sure to find your fit. If not then there is always formal, but i would recommend trying informal first. best of luck to all you

By: dear pnms

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.