facebook

kappa is returning

by: new to osu

I'm excited that Kappa will be back on campus for 2018 recruitment as another option. I waited a year to go thorough recruitment because I am a legacy to kappa and hope to become a pledge. I am from the Columbus area and do know what happened so I don't need post/responses telling me why they were kicked off. So my question is how is recruitment going to work? Will they take so many freshman so many soph and so many jr. Will they even take seniors?

Posted By: new to osu
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Omg   

Omg so glad you're making your decision on who to join based off just being a legacy that's so smart of you!!!! Because you know kappa is the same organization your mom was in 20+ years ago simply because they have he same letters and absolutely nothing is different! Your decision is so informed and intelligent to blindly do the same thing as your mom instead of considering what exactly you want in a sorority and which org matches that most closely. You are an inspiration!!!

Btw sororities don't call new members pledges even if the one that you want to join hazes like a frat

By: Omg
#2  by: awww poor omg   

WoW still so much hate!!! someone was cut and is still bitter

By: awww poor omg
#3  by: The Truth   

Kappa needs to start over again. Its so great you're excited for greek life but I would keep your options open. They will NOT be able to participate in formal recruitment so that will really hurt them. I expect them to be bottom middle tier when they return but definitely not the actual bottom. It also hurts them that DG has their house.

By: The Truth
#4  by: kappa   

Yeah but I would still definitely keep your options open, since their recruitment will be within 1-2 weeks after formal recruitment. Even though you are a legacy, there are still other sororities that might look for a person like you! I am glad you are excited though, but maybe you should consider formal as well!
They will probably take over half as freshmen & less as the classes go up.
For Kappa's recruitment, it will probably be a couple info sessions & a narrowing down process within another 2-3 rounds. As long as you join for the right reasons, I am sure you will have a good experience with Kappa.

By: kappa
#5  by: duh   

they're either gonna take almost everyone or be picky and not be able to fill a pc. that's what happens to new sororities here.

By: duh
#6  by: omggg   

why does no one understand how colonizing works STILL. Kappa does participate in formal. They will be in meet the chapters with their little info session then they drop out. After bid day, the ONLY house that will be giving out additional bids will be kappa. This is when they will do their hardcore recruiting which can be interviews, info sessions, etc. Then THEY have their bid day and other houses can start doing snap bids/informal again. Come on guys, we just did this with ZTA. And do not underestimate them in terms of their pc. Girls saw ZTA's info session 2 years ago during recruitment and dropped out because they wanted to be in ZTA. Tons of girls did not get bids from ZTA after rushing them because it was that competitive. We'll see how kappa does.

By: omggg
by: hahahJun 19, 2017 10:08:08 PM

and look at zeta being bottom tier

By: hahah

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.