facebook

transferring into osu

by: Curious

So I went to a community college for a few years due to it being cheaper, and am thinking of transferring to osu. However, I'm curious with being an older pnm (I'll be 21 and a sophomore) do I even have a chance to get a bid ?

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Hmm   

Are you a guy or girl? Girl prob not but frats have less restrictions on them so some will take juniors

By: Hmm
by: Curious May 22, 2017 8:46:03 PM

Girl :/

By: Curious
#2  by: hey!   

If you are interested, go for it and see what happens! I knew of a girl who transferred in as a junior (she was 20 going through recruitment but still turned 21 that year) and she got a bid to AXO. Not the "highest ranked" on this site but she absolutely loved it. I can't remember if she did formal or informal but don't rule it out if you are interested.

By: hey!
#3  by: Maybe   

I think it depends on how many years you have left of your undergrad career. Being a transfer student can give you some advantage over the upperclassmen who started at OSU and "waited" to rush. Good luck!

By: Maybe
#4  by: Don't stress   

If you still have 2 years then say you're a sophomore because that's what you are. I transferred and did the same and got asked back to every house and preffed all upper tier sororities. Sometimes older girls can have an advantage because you know yourself more and what you want out of a sorority

By: Don't stress
#5  by: Go for it!   

I would definitely go for it. Try to network. Try reaching out to sororities that are doing informal (when the list comes out this fall) and try. You could also do formal. Just keep in mind that some sororities are pickier about age and give younger girls an advantage so keep an open mind about all sororities regardless of tier, especially because a lot of the higher tier sororities are often ones that favor younger girls. If you give all the chapters a chance, It's definitely possible to get a bid. Hope you find your fit in greek life, best of luck!

By: Go for it!
#6  by: Osu   

If you're going to be in your sophomore year you can most definitely Rush. It's normal for sophomores to go through but if you're going to be in your junior year during recruitment it might be harder unless you say you're going to be taking a 5th year

By: Osu

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.