facebook

highest gpa

by: Grades

Hi I'm thinking about rushing a sorority next year. Almost everything I see on here is about how fun or how much sororities party but grades are really important for me.. Can anyone tell me who has the best grades/ GPA? Thanks!

Posted By: Grades
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: grades   

theta and chio the rest are always changing

By: grades
#2  by: helpful   

Cumulative GPA
1 Kappa Alpha Theta 3.65
2 Chi Omega 3.56
3 Delta Delta Delta 3.52
4 Kappa Delta 3.48
5 Alpha Xi Delta 3.47
6 Alpha Gamma Delta 3.46
7 Alpha Phi 3.43
8 Pi Beta Phi 3.42
9 Alpha Epsilon Phi 3.41
9 Alpha Chi Omega 3.41
10 Delta Gamma 3.40
11 Zeta Tau Alpha 3.39
12 Delta Zeta 3.38
13 Gamma Phi Beta 3.38
14 Alpha Omicron Pi 3.32

By: helpful
by: ..May 17, 2017 4:06:52 PM

Lol what how would you even know this

By: ..
by: It's available May 17, 2017 4:10:10 PM

You can find it online the university publishes them

By: It's available
by: AmazingMay 22, 2017 5:43:11 PM

Just a .3 difference between the top and bottom. GPA really isn't that big a deal when it is that close.

By: Amazing
#3  by: tbh   

Honestly sorority gpas don't tell the whole story. Some sororities can use loopholes and not report girls that are on academic probabtion thus boosting their gpa while other chapters choose to report everyone. I'd say most sororities care a lot about academics even the low gpa ones, and the only ones I'd say prob don't care too much about it are the ones with party reputations (agd for example) but maybe even that is unfairly stereotyping them

By: tbh
by: NopeMay 17, 2017 1:13:49 PM

Not true. On agd. Work hard. Play hard. They were ranked top five earlier in school year.

By: Nope
#4  by: Gpa   

Gpa isn't everything. Some sororities are super smart but don't take off people off their grade report, or they let in girls with majors that typically carry lower gpas like stem fields. Pretty sure theta doesn't take many stem majors cause they wanna keep their gpa high at all costs

By: Gpa
by: What?May 18, 2017 1:37:29 PM

Theta constantly has girls graduating that are going on to medical school? They have plenty of STEM majors, they just work hard.

By: What?
by: UghMay 18, 2017 5:28:58 PM

Having girls go to med school dosen't mean theta dosent give priority to girls with easy majors like political science, education, and communications that are much easier and will boost their gpa

By: Ugh
by: calm downMay 19, 2017 6:32:41 PM

Lol that people think a sorority would give preference to girls with an easy major to boost their overall gpa....? Smart motivated girls are drawn to houses that have girls like them. Nobody puts that much effort into getting the highest gpa.

By: calm down
#5  by: grades    

theta has the most well known reputation for being very into academics

By: grades
#6  by: Buck   

You're all missing the point. This girl wants to rush a sorority, that's not the way it works unless you want to do informal with only some of the sororities. You have to go through formal recruitment, and all that it entails.

By: Buck
#7  by: Rush Tip   

Of the 5 top sorority GPAs,

Theta, Chio and Axid tend to be the more studious sororities. They ALWAYS make top 5 in grades.

KD and tridelt are up and down with grades, but they also always go out a lot more than the 3 sororities mentioned previously.

Not exactly sure what you are looking for but being a top 5 GPA sorority on campus is very impressive and boosts chapter reputations immensely.

By: Rush Tip
by: gpaMay 18, 2017 10:58:28 PM

agd is usually up there somewhere too at least recently

By: gpa
by: ^May 22, 2017 5:48:15 PM

NERD! GEEK!
"very impressive and boots chapter reputations immensely?" They are all in the same micro-range top to bottom. How many members in chapter? What are the majority of majors? Face it, looks, popularity, character, and fun are what's important in the greek world. GPA yes, but none are dumb houses.

By: ^
#8  by: Honestly   

Regardless of the sorority's ranking in GPA every chapter has very studious girls, girls that go out a lot, and girls that do both. Just find whatever house you think you belong in

By: Honestly
#9  by: ^^    

For whatever reason it isn't letting me "reply" but I came to say pretty much what the poster above said ^^ . Every house is going to have girls that are into their grades whether they are known to have a jam packed social schedule and a lot of partiers or if they are more low-key. Your best bet is to go through recruitment and see how you feel and you'll end up where you belong. Wherever that ends up being, you'll still be able to excel academically if that is what is important to you! :)

By: ^^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.