facebook

transfer

by: fa

I'm transferring to OSU in the fall from a southern SEC school. I rushed in the south and joined a sorority but OSU doesn't have the sorority I'm in. The rush process in the south is pretty brutal, I just wanted to see how it works here. I'll be a junior, will these be looked down upon?

Posted By: fa
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: fa   

Also, we had to rush every house through different rounds, get invites back, etc. Is that how it is here?

By: fa
#2  by: Yeah   

Yeah we have formal recruitment too. However that is only done in the spring but you can rusn specific chapters in the fall in a process called informal. As a junior I would say that is your only option. Also rush isn't overall as brutal (we don't make you come to school early to rush or ask for rec letters)

By: Yeah
#3  by: Hey   

Did you get initiated into your sorority? If so, then you sadly can't join another one here. If not, then you can rush here if your recruitment was in the Fall of last year(so you can do informal)

By: Hey
#4  by: Wait   

No u can rush another sorority if the organization u were initiated into isnt on the campus. You're fine

By: Wait
by: ^^May 4, 2017 3:04:13 PM

you are very wrong lol

By: ^^
#5  by: If you   

If you initiated into an NPC sorority at your SEC school, you absolutely, positively, 100%, no chance in hell, can go through recruitment and join another NPC organization.

NPC tracks this. They will find out before you initiate in to another group.

Since you cannot actively join your sorority since it isn't represented at OSU, you will become an alumnae member of your organization.

By: If you
#6  by: And   

I'm sure you would be able to find some of your national sisters here in Columbus, even if they are not on the OSU campus.

By: And
#7  by: fa   

I decided I was going to transfer so I dropped before initiation.

By: fa
#8  by: Ok good   

Okay that's good then. My best advice would be to either try Fall informal (where it's like the equivalent of a sophomore going through Formal) if you haven't signed a bid card in the winter or if you did sign a bid card then, try to find people who are in sororites this next semester to help you survive formal recruitment as a junior.

By: Ok good
#9  by: Hi   

I went through recruitment as a junior, which wasn't TOO bad. You'll take heavy cuts the first round, but you'll likely have it easier than I did because you're a transfer. I just couldn't go through recruitment my first two years because of life circumstances at the time. Sororities seem to be more lenient towards junior transfers than juniors who waited.

By: Hi
by: nopeMay 10, 2017 11:44:56 AM

I went through as a transfer junior for formal. It is SUPER hard even if you have the GPA to join the organization. Each house is looking for more freshman, possibly sophomores when they are recruiting. If they have a spot for a junior, it is very slim (0-2 spots per house). Because they already have the upperclassmen spots filled, they need to continue to find younger members. I seriously think you should do informal in the fall and try joining one there than going through recruitment in the spring.

By: nope
#10  by: Informal   

There is also informal for like 1 or 2 houses right after formal recruitment in the spring if you can't do it in the fall.

By: Informal

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.