facebook

transfer

by: AOII

Hi!
I'm looking to transfer to OSU and I'm an AOII at my current school. We're a really strong and well liked chapter on our campus and I keep seeing so much negativity about AOII at OSU! Can somebody please tell me why this chapter is perceived so negatively? I really want to transfer to OSU and still be an active member! Thank you in advance :)

Posted By: AOII
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: another actual AOII   

hey, i'm fairly new to AOII and this is the impression i get:
The girls are very, very diverse. Fun, outgoing party girls? Yep. Awkward girls? Sure. And everything in between. I wouldn't doubt that any given person could find a place pretty easily.
Of course, I don't know how it used to be, but everyone I've spoke to, especially seniors, tell me how much things have improved since past years. I get the impression that the bad reputation is the dregs of what it used to be and I don't think it accurately represents us anymore.
Despite how people on this site act, I don't think my social life is any worse off than other sororitys- There's always stuff to do, plenty of people to hang out with, despite the ignorant claims of the first poster.
This is just my personal opinion, and I know not everyone will agree with me, but I immediately knew that AOII was perfect for me- that was before I ever looked at this site. I hesitated after seeing all the hate, but I decided to go through with it anyways, and I think it's the best choice I've made since starting at OSU. From one AOII to another, I'd say give it a chance.

By: another actual AOII
#2  by: Another AOII   

Hey sister! I just got initiated this semester, and I honestly think that it's a pretty good chapter here that's improving image with each pledge class. We have a mix of introverted, extroverted, and everyone in between so it's easy to find your place in the chapter. It wasn't my first choice house, but it's what my Bid Card ended up saying and I stuck it out (and I'm a cuteish girl I guess haha). My best advice would be to just check it out yourself. If you like it, great! If not, then no hard feelings!

By: Another AOII
#3  by: Post   

All of the traah on this website comes from sororites that think are better than us in order to fight off their own problems. I think we need a stronger image to the university, but we do not believe that anyone should be denied from a sorority based off her looks.

By: Post
by: foreverMay 14, 2017 7:18:27 PM

People love to give labels to other people, places, and things. Labels bring structure and balance to an otherwise chaotic life.

Sororities are ranked and labeled by the public according to many criteria: looks; popularity; wealth of members; how many famous people are members; house GPA; founding date (the older the 'better'); etc. The lack of some sororities to choose their members based on how people label them is why there is often a gap between perceived rank of a sorority by those who do not belong and actual worth of a sorority to those who do belong.

Greekchat offers one anonymous social ranking opportunity for those wishing to label and rank fraternal orgs. It's a hobby enjoyed by some, and not really meaningful to a great majority of fraternity members.

By: forever
#4  by: Try it   

I would try and get to know them. You do not have to affiliate if you don't choose to. If you don't like them then you just don't affiliate. You can sill keep your membership and then become an alumnae when you graduate.

By: Try it
#5  by: for keeps   

As an AOPi you understand the purposes and policies of their organization like very few people on this website. This site is not to be taken seriously. Please directly contact your headquarters regarding your Fall 2017 OSU AOPi affiliation.

By: for keeps

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.