facebook

no kappa

by: NO

Can we all band together and agree to not let Kappa back on campus?

Posted By: NO
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: lol   

#notmysorority

By: lol
#2  by: Chaka   

#JeSuisZeta

By: Chaka
#3  by: Pha   

Kappa signed a contact with osu when they got kicked off saying that if their nationals let them back, they'll be the first new chapter after zeta. So it's when not if the came back

By: Pha
#4  by: Ok   

I can tell you every person in my chapter was so against bringing them back this early. We don't want them back at all, but I was a sophomore and I'm taking a 5th year, and all this happened my freshman year with Kappa. Meaning, there's still definitely way too much of an influence here to let them back this early.

Low key really mad at PHA for signing that contracting making it so it has to be Kappa we let back. They had no respect for the greek community, and that legacy will follow this chapter too.

By: Ok
by: huhApr 4, 2017 9:28:19 AM

But why? Completely different girls, so how will "the legacy follow"? Kappa in name only and no one will care about what happened before (and don't really care now).

By: huh
by: Not trueApr 4, 2017 3:22:00 PM

People won't care about the past once the people who were here when it happened are all graduated. Until then, it will follow. Definitely need to let more time pass. The fact that old Kappas had underground block and even had those "lengends never die" shirts they wore blatantly to games just says that it's still relevant. I don't want them back at all, tbh because they were the people who were the stereotypical Greeks that made everyone else look bad. But we have to let them back eventually, so it has to wait.

By: Not true
by: LolApr 5, 2017 3:30:54 AM

Lol kd^

By: Lol
#5  by: Plz   

Please bring Kappa back. It would drastically shake the greek community and we need that. It would give aphi a run for their money and finally relieve zeta from the pressure of being new (maybe?)

By: Plz
#6  by: Hmmm   

It's annoying how much certain houses hate on other. Kappa got kicked off essentially bc they had their new members drink on big/little night, which almost all houses do. There was zero proof of any other hazing

By: Hmmm
by: Sure Right WhateverApr 6, 2017 2:52:22 PM

Actually there was proof of hazing from the first time the chapter reeied a Cease and Desist Order. It was known as "Running of the Kappas" where the pledges had to run up 15th in their bras and panties. There are a lot of pictures floating around to dispute your "zero proof" claim.

By: Sure Right Whatever
by: HahaMay 6, 2017 4:42:27 PM

Wow, sounds like they were actually fun instead of all of the boring ass sororities we have now. #BringBackKappa #FTB

By: Haha
#7  by: lol    

i think its funny when i still see them wearing their shirts haha

By: lol
#8  by: Why not   

There is literally no detriment to bringing them back. Just causes more competition for sororities which is good. Also it'll be completely new people so there's no harm

By: Why not
by: @Why notMay 6, 2017 3:21:55 PM

The detriment exists because OSU has added two sororities over three years. These groups need time to fully establish; five years is usually their benchmark.

A new sorority chapter can mean an entire semester (post-formal recruitment) when our sororities can not COB to allow a new group their best chance at total.

Continued negative feelings toward former OSU Kappa members all over campus placed additional time upon their return date, evidenced by the negative return vote taken last month.

By: @Why not
#9  by: :/   

I think one more year would be good. Just to be sure there's absolutely nothing of their old ways left. It just feels to soon. Nothing against kappa, I just think one more year would be best.

By: :/
#10  by: More sororities    

As I think most guys will agree we need more sororities. There are 15 sororities and almost 40 frats. When you have chapters actually competing to block with a chapter as disliked as aoii, and alpha chi gets asked by 7 orgs you have a problem. Bring back Kappa next year when hopefully all their influence is gone,and put some sanctions on them to make sure it doesn't happen again. Then hope other chapters like phi mu and alpha delta pi wanna come to campus. The disparity between frats and sororities is completely unnecessary given how many girls weren't allowed to rush by pha due to numbers or were cut by most houses due to numbers.

By: More sororities
by: ahaMay 8, 2017 4:03:33 PM

Surely the problem is we have too many fraternities, not a lack of sororitys. All those bottom level ones with like 12 guys? What is the point of them? Would be better to have fewer frats of a healthier size and a more competitive Greek system overall. I mean, some sororities still don't make quota so last thing we need is another one diluting the pnm pool.

By: aha
by: IdkMay 8, 2017 6:23:41 PM

I think yeah the frats with like 12 guys aren't useful. But that being said orgs with 80+ guys like tke, pike, beta, and Fiji and ones with 60+ like chi phi, zbt, and phi tau still didn't get block partners. Clearly the ones with 12 guys aren't the only ones that struggle due to a lack of sororities.

By: Idk
by: IdkMay 8, 2017 6:32:28 PM

Forgot to add this. clearly there are enough girls that rushed as pha didn't alow a lot of girls to rush formally due to numbers. To be frank the fact that some strats didn't meet quota has nothing to do with the number of girls, it just means that girls didn't like them enough that they would rather not join anyone than join an org they deem below them. Even not highly ranked sororities like AXO and g phi had more girls put them as their number 1 than they could take, it was only sororities with image problems like Aoii dz and agd that struggled. I know a couple girls that had a combo of those 3 and Aephi as the only ones they weren't cut from and most just decided to drop rush and decided they would rather not rush at all or hope a better house does informal next year. There for sure aren't too many sororities, some just suck at recruiting.

By: Idk

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.