facebook

hazing sororities

by: just curious

I am currently looking into the Greek system at uofi and am wondering if there is really that much hazing? The only place I have heard of that is hazing is the aphid

Posted By: just curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: no   

Do not listen to rumors about sororities hazing. I am in the greek system, and my sorority does not haze, but there are rumors that we do. Rumors/stereotypes are for the most part untrue, and are therefore not the way to choose a sorority. Bad things are said about every sorority on campus, unfortunately. If you decide to join a house at UI, you will soon understand.

By: no
by: just curious Jan 4, 2015 5:48:23 PM

Thank you so much! I was really worried about it and it was turning me off of going greek.

By: just curious
#2  by: tsm   

Don't be fooled. Sorority girl here, some chapter have to do spring recruitment because girls didn't want to be in that house and they are now below membership, some do haze, most don't, but you have to judge that yourself. I would wait for fall rush plus then you have more options.

By: tsm
#3  by: marie509   

My little sis pledged tridelt here and believe me, if hazing had occurred, I would have known about it. It's more of a down and dirty get to know you because I like you vibe. Compared to private colleges/universities, there is no hazing whatsoever.

By: marie509

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.