facebook

social pledge

by: uisophomore

I am a freshman at UI and I already have an apartment for next year, but I'm thinking about rushing. What is the likelihood that I can rush and pledge while still living off-campus?

Also, which sororities are most open to sophomores? And will my current connections with the girls in each house have a huge impact on rush?

Posted By: uisophomore
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: great questions   

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm hoping someone will answer. I don't know anyone in a sorority, because I live off campus. But I will be a junior next year and would like to join. I'm hoping sororities will be open to me joining.

By: great questions
#2  by: KroseVandal   

As far as I know, almost all of the chapters on campus have some length of a live-in requirement that might span from a semester to a whole year or more. Many women go through formal and informal recruitment well after their first year as a student. I would suggest getting in contact with the UIdaho Greek Office or Britney Bowles to ask about any other questions you have before registering for recruitment.

By: KroseVandal
#3  by: all of them   

it really depends. Most of them are open to sophomore and people who live off campus. Keep an open mind. You will find a sorority.

By: all of them
#4  by: srawr   

I believe all houses require you to live in for at least your first year or so. (Mine was a year housing contract) They have to fill the space in their house or they are charged a fee by their National Headquarters/Housing Association. Definitely check with the Greek Life office for live in requirements!

Almost all are open to sophomores and a good chunk, even juniors. The right sorority for you won't care what year you are. What matters is whether or not you will make a good fit for each other.

It might help to have relationships with current members, but sometimes, there's not a whole lot they can do other than try to put in a good word for you. But if you don't get along with other girls in the chapter or it just doesn't feel like home, it won't matter that you know them. Like others have said, definitely keep an open mind!

If it ends up recruitment is out of the question because of your living arrangements, definitely try informal recruitment. Go check out as many houses as you can! Usually, at that point, they don't require you to live in (at least not until you're done with your contract!)

Good Luck!

By: srawr
#5  by: maybe   

i don't think dz has lving in requirements because they are still building. they are pretty new, but seem to be pretty nice and moving in a good direction

By: maybe

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.