facebook

inside details for specific frats

by: VandalGrad

I recently graduated from Idaho and my cousin is rushing this fall. He wanted the details on which frats were worth taking a look at. I told him that its all up to him, but here are the details I listed for em.

Delts-Generally cool, they are into some sketch stuff once in awhile depending on the member.
Fiji-Slight weird factor, got lucky that other frats were getting the shaft and managed to slip under the radar. They lie to rushees a lot about what they're about.
AKL-Generally a vanilla fraternity, nice guys, but aren't incredibly social.
Phi Kappa Tau- Recently back on campus. Leaving personal opinion aside, they try too hard.
Sigma Nu- Pretty fratty, throw big parties, but they are still trying to get over the stigma as being stuck up.
Theta Chi-Bible beaters, but girls like them because they are always sober.
Beta-Best grades, generally nice, but follow TFM to the T and get a lot of crap for it.
Dsig-Notorious party animals, respectful, fun, but their house is pretty rundown.
Sigma Chi-Reclusive, but pretty cool. Classy. Definitely a different style than other houses on campus regarding their house layout.
Phi Delt- Gamers. Socially awkward. Annoying. Skip it.
Lambda Chi- Engineers and English majors. Still trying to make an name for themselves.
PIKE-No house. Live off campus or in the dorms. Nice, but they're different.
Kappa Sig- Weird, but they try
SAE- Different breed. Gets in a lot of trouble for stupid mistakes their younger guys make. Parties hard sometimes

Posted By: VandalGrad
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Vandal   

I agree with all of these. I've heard that dsig hazes pretty badly. Sigma Nu=Sigma No sometimes. Can sometimes be known as dbags.

By: Vandal
#2  by: RowdyGent   

From what I know, Dsig, Sigma Nu and SAE top the charts on hazing. The rest ain't so terrible, but I will say they won't physically hurt you or push you into some crazy, whacked out goat fondling situations. Every house will haze in their own way... except for Lambda chi, phi tau and phi delts. They will basically hand you a bid card if you walk in the front door.

By: RowdyGent
#3  by: Idahoman   

In response to Phi Delt being socially awkward and gamers, I think he may have been referring to what they were 3+ years ago.There has been a big change of kids and attitude there in the past four years. Won flag football last year, are currently leading in soccer and in general doing well in every intramural. Got fourth in Grades last semester. Definitely have quite a few social functions. It has changed, definitely not "gamer." Just my two cents.

By: Idahoman

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.