facebook

sorority questions

by: furturepnm

i want to rush but am unsure if i should because i dont drink and am worried about being acepted. I am also worried about hazeing and was wondering when you move into the houses.

Posted By: furturepnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: GreekAmbassador    

Well, there's no sense in not rushing! If you rush and feel as though greek-life is not for you, you have no obligation to join a house. Sure there's a small rush fee (for guys it's $50, i'm not sure about for you ladies) but i promise you that you won't regret it, that's small fee for a decent amount of free meals and activities for the summer!

and don't worry about being accepted, if you really click with the girls in the sorority it's no problem, if not it's no big deal. Would you really want to live the next 4 years of your life with people who make you feel uncomfortable??

I can't really tell you the deal with sorority hazing, but if it's anything like the fraternity scene then it's minimal to non existent.

By: GreekAmbassador
#2  by: GreekAmbassador    

Oh and drinking is ALWAYS a choice, hazing is pretty much extinct at University of Idaho. I can't really speak on behalf of other uni's but i hope the situation is similar..

By: GreekAmbassador
#3  by: Music Guy   

Be sure to check out Pi Kappa Phi! We're a new fraternity on campus. If you're looking for something different than other fraternities, we're exactly that. We just got word that we WILL be getting a house this fall (it was unsure before). Look up Pi Kappa Phi - Idaho on Facebook!

By: Music Guy
#4  by: hizzle   

Do not worry about coming to college and not drinking. I am the same way and found the perfect house that I fit in with and doesn't judge me for not drinking. If anything, they think it's cool because I can go out and have a good time without getting wasted. You'll save a lot of money as well! And also, hazing shouldn't be on your radar. My house doesn't haze, and I'm positive others don't as well. Joining a sorority was the best decision I ever made, hopefully everything works out for you!

By: hizzle
#5  by: no pi phi   

don't go into pi phi. they drink tons.

By: no pi phi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.