facebook

rush

by: Stressed

For fall formal recruitment how heavily do sororities look at your high school GPA?

Posted By: Stressed
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Greek.    

It really all depends on if you are an incoming freshman. If you are then they will be looking at your GPA if you're a transfer then we really could care less about high school GPA. Most houses require between a 3.00 and a 2.75. There are some exceptions, if you show that you are super involved with your community and interested in getting involved on campus that will really help you out. Sororities really try and look at the person as a whole (personality, how relatable you are, your over all presence ect.). I wouldn't be too stressed about grades unless you are below a 2.7. Just talk your self up and make up for low grades with a relatable and peppy personality.

By: Greek.
by: StressedAug 20, 2015 5:19:28 PM

I have below and 2.7, does that mean they'll drop me immediately? Even if I'm a legacy at one?

By: Stressed
by: Greek Aug 20, 2015 7:46:26 PM

I thought you needed a 3.0 to get into OSU. What house are you a legacy at? It depends with each house.

By: Greek
#2  by: greeklife   

You will have a much harder time getting into houses if you have below a 2.7 and houses might drop you for that reason alone but there are always exceptions and I would definetly rush anyways!!

By: greeklife
by: StressedAug 23, 2015 4:52:27 PM

Are there some sororities that are less concerned with grades than others?

#3  by: Greek    

Yes. Some are more concerned than others.

By: Greek
by: StressedAug 25, 2015 12:18:56 AM

Which ones?

#4  by: Osugreek   

From what I know sigma kappa could care less what your GPA is. Kappas are known to take people with a 2.7 same with Aphi. Aopi will make some exceptions but not very many. I know theta and KD are really big on grades. But this is just what I have experienced so it may not be 100% accurate. When you go to orientation for formal they will give you a booklet with info and recommended GPA for each house.

By: Osugreek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.