facebook

what's up agd

by: PNM

Can anyone tell me more about AGD? I'm a freshman and I'm rushing this fall of course, and I've vaguely heard they're a nice house. Honest opinions? Are they a genuine sisterhood?

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Greek   

Their are some really kind and genuine girls in this house and yes, they have a beautiful house. This year they did get some grief for partying A LOT and not being super classy. I believe with in the first few weeks of school they had multiple cases of alcohol poisoning. Going through formal make sure to keep yourself open to all houses because some may surprise you. When I went through I was super set on one house and when I got to recruitment I realized they weren't all that great and ended up joining a house I thought I wouldn't like.
Hope this helped and good luck!

By: Greek
by: PNMAug 4, 2015 2:02:46 AM

Yes it did, thank you! Trying to keep an open mind despite being so excited!

By: PNM
#2  by: Frat rat   

Like every house they have a mix of all types of girls. I'd say their general rep is for partying/drinking a lot and trying to be thhe stereotypical sorority girl. That said, the girls I know in the house are all gorgeous, very sweet and kind, and more of the chill stoner type. Not sure how much of the house that would apply to

By: Frat rat
#3  by: panhel   

Honestly they have a lot of fun and nice girls and have a reputation for being a "hot" house but they got in a ton of trouble with their nationals and OSU for partying and not meeting academic standards. From my understanding they were on social probation for much of this past year.

By: panhel
#4  by: anotherGREEK   

It really depends on what you are looking for in a house. Some sororities have stronger sisterhoods than others, higher academic standards than others, and in my opinion better philanthropies than others. On the second day of rush, you can rule out some houses that give off bad vibes or hope to gain popularity with other sororities. Although, I was looking for certain qualities in each sorority and didn't find it right away. At the beginning, go with your gut feeling. If it feels right put them at the top of your list, and vise versa. If AGD gives off a good vibe put them at the top of your list. Just remember to keep an open mind about ALL sororities and be nice to everyone! And the recruitees are just as nervous, or possibly more nervous than you. And quite frankly, nothing is worse than talking to someone who is not nice or if its like talking to a brick wall. Often times girls do this when they know they want to be in one house and they give other houses no attention. You may not get your top house so you don't want to get dropped by every other house just because you were being rude. You may find like many others, that your 2nd 3rd or even 4th choice in the beginning is the house you are meant to be in. Although this was long, i hope it was helpful. Good luck with recruitment and S'co beavs!!

By: anotherGREEK

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.