facebook

unbiased house rankings with description

by: NonBiased Reviews

Ok so I am tired of this site being so misleading of what the actual consensus is. Before I dive into this, let me remind you that there is really no "top house" and "top houses" tend to vary year to year. A top house for one person is just their own perspective and of course there are a million different views on each fraternity so it's just best you find out yourself using your own judgement. In this thread I will be rating houses on brotherhood, house, and involvement. Use this as an informative piece at your own discretion

Top Houses - What makes a top house? A top house is fraternities who are involved and engaged with other sororities on a regular basis through philanthropy, functions, and public relations. If you aren't involved you won't have much of a name for yourself.

1. Lamda Chi Alpha ( House: 7/10 Involvement: 10/10 Brotherhood 8/10 )
One of the largest in member size on campus and probably the most diverse group of guys. They are really nice and are known to be very welcoming and fun to party or hangout with. They are super involved in philanthropy and are constantly competing to win. They throw a lot of functions and have a very good party basement that holds a lot of people. There house isn't very traditional and is a little rough and small. The party basement is a plus and they are expecting a remodel soon. This house is perfect if you are looking for a strong social environment.

2. Phi Delta Theta ( House: 9/10 Involvement: 8/10 Brotherhood 9/10 )
Phi Delta Theta is a dry house coming off of a huge suspension after the police raided their fraternity. They have bounced back pretty strong and have a large group of guys in the house. There house is a classic traditional fraternity house. It is really big and has a pretty nice yard. The downside is they can't party in their house but you will find that dry houses tend to have the most cleanest and nicest interior. They are super involved and are known as gentleman on campus. They throw parties at liveouts frequently but they tend to be a rager or sometimes lowkey just depends on the night. Strong brotherhood with a lot of tradition which is perfect for anyone who wants a well-rounded experience.

3. Sigma Alpha Epsilon (House 9/10 Involvement: 7/10 Brotherood 7/10 )
SAE is a large house with a lot of members. There house is huge and very appealing from the outside and have a huge party basement which makes it the place to be on the weekends. They are constantly throwing parties and have really fun dayfades in the spring. There social dominance on campus is what keeps them hovering around the top 3 spots every year. Some might question that they should be #1 but the reason I have them at number 3 is because of their involvement and brotherhood. They participate in philanthropy but they rarely win frequently. They have a solid brotherhood but it just seems a little artificial to have a brotherhood based around drinking. I know that liveout fees are cheap and they have a lot of members who are involved for a year and then kind of drop off. But overall this doesn't hinder the fact they are a great house that knows how to have a lot of fun.

4. Pi Kappa Phi ( House 10/10 Involvement 6/10 Brotherhood 8/10 )
Pi Kapps have a huge and beautiful house that can be easily argued as one of the nicest on campus. These guys are more of your traditional fraternal guys with medium to high numbers. The house has a huge party

Posted By: NonBiased Reviews
Post Reply Report
Page 3 of 5
#21  by: Cloe   

I love some Lanier pie

By: Cloe
#22  by: greg   

yeah this list is ass. the clear top 3 are sigep sae and sigma chi in no order. they have been for a couple years now and their newest pledge classes reflect that. lambda gives out hundreds of bids and is consistently filled with losers. phi delt has been struggling since their probation, and pi kapps have literally never been in the conversation of top house

By: greg
by: HaMar 7, 2019 10:34:06 AM

This always surprises me. Lambda has prob one of the toughest bid processes of anyone, but because they recruit well and their retention is high they have a large membership. From an involvement perspective, SAE and Sigma Chi don’t really support the Greek philanthropies. Sigs are supposed to be dry and we all know that’s not happening. Phi Delt managed to keep a pledge class during that whole year...tough to do, so yeah, they’re still one of the top. You’re right. No one thinks Pi kapp is anything more than mid tier. And phi psi is having some internal issues according to their Sing partners

By: Ha
by: JosieMar 7, 2019 10:51:42 AM

What internal issues? Partners with Phi Psi and haven’t heard anything.

By: Josie
by: observerMar 31, 2019 4:42:43 PM

LOTS of butt hurt guys in SAE, SX and SIG EP. I know for a fact everyone of their members rushed and were rejected by Lambda Chi the groveling and crying was really pathetic if you ask me. The rush chair of SX and presidents of SIG EP and SAE were calling for a week after rush begging and wondering why they didn't get a Lambda bid

By: observer
by: LaughableMar 31, 2019 11:41:02 PM

Everyone knows phi psi is the massive bid house. They need people live in. Look at their composites and you’ll see some years they went from 8 actives to close to 100...now who gives out tons of bids. Just look at the evidence on their own walls.

By: Laughable
#23  by: KA   

Bump

By: KA
#24  by: Mena   

I rushed this year seemed most rushees 90% had Lambda Chi as their goal.

By: Mena
by: 2019 RusheesMar 30, 2019 6:13:08 PM

I would say more like 99% of rushees had Lambda as their goal, at least everyone I met. Since Lambda is by far the most difficult to get a bid and the only fraternity in the TOP TIER in a tier all on their own it is well deserved.
I would say as a “consolation prize”, the 95% that wanted to get a bid from Lambda but didn’t meet their tough standards ended up in the top of the MIDDLE TIER fraternities of SAE, Sigma Chi and Sig Ep.

By: 2019 Rushees
#25  by: Nope   

Lambda bids anyone so they can try to pay for the new house that is never gonna get built. 200+ members and counting.

By: Nope
#26  by: RIP   

Heard Harambe was a Pi Kapp

By: RIP
#27  by: Finally   

This is pretty accurate...pay attention anyone who is rushing...

By: Finally
#28  by: Greek Expert   

Bump

By: Greek Expert
#29  by: True   

Bump

By: True
#30  by: Sig   

Looks good

By: Sig

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.