facebook

sing review -

by: Sing Fan

Great job to all participants...here's what you missed:

AGD/SAE-oooo! Shiney gold outfits, very nice. Sadly AGD, you lost this when you chose SAE. You ladies were great but your partners looked like they were somewhere else.

Tri-delt/Delta Chi - I actually thought the pink costumes were great...definitely one of the better choices. Once again, though, I'm not sure where your partners were tonight.

SA/SDO/Theta Chi - definitely the upset of the night. 3rd place! Not sure what the judges saw/heard since I thought some other groups were stronger, but congrats to you all. What a surprise!

AOPi/Sigep - so sigep has 130 brothers and they can't get a full group of guys on stage? Yep, we saw the girl dressed like a guy. I was embarrassed for you. AOPi, you surprised me tonight...with another partner, you could have been competitive! (the first red/white/black costumes). You were loud.

Theta/Phi Psi - red/white/black also, but I will say this, Theta's performance was definitely the most elegant of the evening for the ladies. The ballet moves and lines were stunning!! The show overall though just didn't "grab me".

Chi Omega/Acacia - sorry...by this time, I'm really bored with red/white/black. I lost interest after the first number but got interested again with "hooked on a feeling". best song of the night up until this point. Well done!

Lambda/AXO - yay! Not red/white/black!! 2nd Place. This was by far the cleanest performance as far as placement of hands, pointing feet, etc. One missed stunt, though it wasn't a drop. Also an upset since based on your performance order, you were at least in 6th place coming in. I think in the end it was music choice that cost you. BTW, probably one of the best "opening skits".

Aphi/PiKapp - ladies you were solid and great singing...PiKapp...should have been a bit stronger as the "danny zucco" type...But not a bad performance. Props to the ladies on the costumes! Wow! Those were awesome!!

(NOTE: someone in my house is a sing consultant and said that the last 4 groups were the top 4 after the auditions and were selected in random order. If that's true then there were some incredible upsets since only 1 group in the last 4 placed at all)

DG/Sigma Chi - wow! red/black/white costumes...did NOT see that coming. I also don't remember "props" being used...I don't think they helped. Of course everyone loves "Marry You" so it was hard not to sing along.

SK/Pike - yay! NOT red/white/black!! I actually loved the purple, one of my favorite costumes of the evening. So I was surprised to see this pairing in the program placed so high and was really looking forward to their performance. Frankly, I think this group should have at least been 3rd. Though I think maybe Pike's first time in Sing maybe worked against them.

KD/Fiji - 1st place. Great performance obviously and probably one of the better singing groups. Red/white/black costumes again (doesn't the sing committee check this stuff first?). I was actually surprised they won since I counted at least 3 noticeable "drops/falls". Maybe the judges didn't see the girl in the middle in the first song do her roll off her partner's back and land on her butt...I think they had better music choices then #2 and #3.

Kappa/DU - so the whole "kappa classic" thing was lost. Your dresses looked like the most expensive and yet your partners had cheesy t-shirts. Did NOT feel that performance at all. \n\n\n\n\n

Posted By: Sing Fan
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Change is good   

why don't we let the sororities bid next year...that might change up the teams a bit...

By: Change is good
#2  by: Why?   

Just watched the you tube vids of top 3. Wow! No offense, but how did SDO/SA/Theta Chi beat SK/Pike, Phi Psi/Aphi etc?! I'm sort of shocked. Something seems off...

By: Why?
by: Agreed. May 11, 2018 10:36:52 AM

How? Smh

By: Agreed.
#3  by: Sing   

Clearly you’re upset your team didn’t place, but everyone worked really hard and you shouldn’t be bashing the other houses

By: Sing
by: How?May 18, 2018 7:24:18 PM

I don't see the bashing...they didn't say they were terrible, etc. just said they thought other teams were better.

By: How?
#4  by: Soooo?   

Bids for this year? Any surprises?

By: Soooo?
#5  by: 201   

Heard there are new rules for bidding this year. True?

By: 201

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.