facebook

question about lambda

by: Rushee

I heard Lambda is a really big house on campus but none of the other popular houses like them at all. Does anybody know why?

Posted By: Rushee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Haters   

They are active and competitive and like to win so people gonna hate. They get along great with sigep ( did a philanthropy together), phi delts ( helped their Memorial Day dedication), sigma nu etc. depends on who you ask.

By: Haters
#2  by: Depends...   

Everybody has their favorites and their "favorites to hate". Why does phi psi hate pi kapp? Why does tke hate phi delt? It's just rivalry...like the raiders and the Seahawks, etc. don't need a reason...people just do. This site is just for hate so if you're rushing, meet people and judge for yourself. Lots of houses have some pretty great reasons to join. Find the one where you feel comfortable and ignore this site.

By: Depends...
by: pkpAug 9, 2017 2:24:56 PM

Lol phi psi and pi kapp are brother fraternities, no hate at all.

By: pkp
by: RightAug 9, 2017 2:45:01 PM

Wtf is a "brother" frat? No such thing...

By: Right
by: pkpAug 11, 2017 4:45:29 PM

what I mean is they are really tight with each other

By: pkp
#3  by: lol   

Just because we do stuff with you doesn't mean we like you lol

By: lol
#4  by: hi   

they spend a lot of time talking about how they are top
house when in reality they just hand out a bunch of bids and usually end up with the kids that didn't get bids from sigep/sae

By: hi
#5  by: What?   

Gotta be on of the dumbest posts...how is any house easy to bully and push? What does that even look like?

By: What?
#6  by: ...   

They have screwed over some of the middle-upper tier chill fraternities. I don't know why they choose to do so as they are already a very large house.. maybe they feel like the competition around them is rising too much?

By: ...
#7  by: yo   

it's clear that there are lambdas scouring greek rank for any bit of negativity against them so that they can refute it. real top houses dgaf about greek rank lmao

By: yo
by: Lol. Aug 16, 2017 11:25:41 PM

Why are you on here

By: Lol.
#8  by: Sororityview   

Lambda Chi has long been the #1 most prestigious fraternity to belong to at OSU. Lambda Chi Alpha has more guys rushing them than probably all fraternities combined. When your have over 1000 guys rushing for maybe 30 bids? There are hundreds of disappointed guys relegated to all the other fraternities. There is a lot of envy, hurt and that is where the hate comes from. There are hundreds of guys set on Lambda Chi but had to settle for other fraternities like SAE, SIG EP, SX, etc

By: Sororityview
by: CampusviewAug 21, 2017 9:24:20 PM

This is a clear example of over-exaggeration and really gets straight to the point as to why Lambda's reputation appears to be deteriorating on campus. This 'better than everyone else' mindset isn't appealing to people and if it continues, it will hurt them going forward.

Don't get me wrong, Lambda has had some great accomplishments. However, their arrogance in claiming they're the top house and (I guess) "#1 most prestigious fraternity" at OSU because of these things is largely unfounded.

A top house shouldn't have to claim for themselves they are a top house or the best house and they shouldn't be defending their reputation on sites such as this. If you're a top house, people will just know.

You should be more concerned within yourselves and your accomplishments as a fraternity and be less concerned with fabricating your declining reputation.

By: Campusview
by: SororityviewAug 22, 2017 12:05:39 AM

First of all I am not a Lambda Chi dumb a s s , as my name implies I am in a sorority and the top one at that. Everything I said is true Lambda Chi is far and away the most prestigious fraternity, best looking guys, best personality, smartest. All the hate on Lambda she from jealousy, envy and hurt feelings from not being invited to join the #1 fraternity at OSU.

by: Right. Aug 22, 2017 12:29:23 AM

God. Change the subject already. We get it. You hate lambda. Doesn't mean anything and they don't care. Lambda didn't need to participate in spring rush. They were full. And lets just say there is no way a fraternity would self rank to this extent. You may not like lambda, but they're not stupid. The reaction to saying you're the best is to have people challenge it with their own opinion. It's a non member posting IMO just to stir things up. They had the largest class in fall...who cares...let me be clear...lambda does not claim to be THE top. They claim to be ONE of the top...based on grades, scholarship endowment, size and participation...just like sigep phi delt sae etc...stop lambda bashing (literally no one cares) and move on. Build the system up...and that means every house. Every house that closes, even if you hated lambda and hoped they closed...the Greek system would lose. We are stronger together.

By: Right.
by: SororityviewAug 22, 2017 2:16:37 PM

This is why all top tier sorority girls love Lambda Chi and detest loser envious frats like Sig Ep and SAE and SX. Don't be bitter you did not qualify for membership to Lambda Chi their bar is set very very high, so high 95% of rushers can not reach it and must settle for inferior houses like SAE,Sig Ep, Sig Chi, etc.

#9  by: Lmao @ OSU    

Y'all don't even have a legit Greek life to squabble about. It's quite a pathetic display here. But I guess there's nothing else to do in Cornvallis. Go out to UA or Ole Miss if you want to see actual rankings, wealth and status.

By: Lmao @ OSU
by: Ouch Aug 23, 2017 12:51:54 PM

I'm an OSU Greek and I can't even argue this. I have cousins in the south and it's a complete different culture. Splitting hairs over rankings makes us look like middle schoolers!

By: Ouch

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.