facebook

recruitment

by: Confused

Will someone please help me out by explaining how recruitment goes, im confused :( After meet the Greeks i know you get invited by the sorority if they like you, and then what? Activities to get to know eachother until bid day? How long is the process between meet the Greeks and bid day? Also, do you have to keep getting invited back for each activity day until bid day (i know not everyone will get a bid which is why im asking, seems silly to keep having girls come back for however long and then they don't end up getting a bid). Also, how long after meet the Greeks will i know if they liked me or not?! Please and thank you to whoever is willing to answer this! :)

Posted By: Confused
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ___   

I don't think they invite you to the recruitment events, I think it's an open invite?? I could be wrong lol. But they'll post a schedule of the events they hold and I think you Rsvp to them and they have all the dates with them leading up to bid day!!

By: ___
#2  by: Strat   

Attend a recruitment orientation. Register for recruitment. First round visit all 7 sororities. Next round you can be invited back to up to 5 sororities. For the last round, you can be invited back to up to two orgs. After each round, you are also ranking the sororities you want to go back to. Don't be worried if you have less than the maximum parties for each round. Trust the process -- all the Hofstra strats are great.

By: Strat
#3  by: GreekGirl   

Hi! The schedule is as follows:
Fri. 2/10: Meet your Rho Chi/Recruitment Counselor (the girl that will take you through recruitment); hang out and get to know the girls in your recruitment group
Sat. 2/11: Round 1. Visit ALL 7 sororities. Rank down to 5 orgs at the end of the day.
Sun. 2/12: Round 2. Go to 1-5 sororities, depending on how many you match with. Rank down to to 1 or 2 orgs at the end of the day.
Fri. 2/17: Preference Round. Visit your top 1 or 2 sororities. Rank them in order of your preference or only write 1 if that's all you go to. You will here from your Rho Chi late this night to know if you received a bid from an org. There's a whole process with snap bidding as well, but don't worry about that right now!
Sat. 2/18: BID DAY!!! Run home to your new sisters!

MY BIGGEST ADVICE AS A MEMBER OF SORORITY AND PANHELLENIC: Be yourself!!! There are so many amazing girls in sororities on our campus, and you'll find the right one for you. Sometimes girls do get dropped from the process if they don't match in our online system, but don't be discouraged if this happens. Girls come out two or three times sometimes before they find where they're comfortable.

Hope this helps! See you at recruitment :)

By: GreekGirl

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.