facebook

is unt a real fratty school?

by: question

Is it like SMU or TCU? I'm leaning more towards TCU or UNT because I want to get out of Highland Park. Is greek life a big deal or not?

Posted By: question
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Not_A_Joke   

To me, it seems like we're leaning toward a more Greek school. If you talk to other people, Greek Life is a joke here. I don't think it's a joke here at all. All of the chapters here are really friendly, I don't think I've encountered a ultra rude chapter.

By: Not_A_Joke
#2  by: Well   

if you want a really fratty school in the state you should choose UT, SMU, TCU or Tech. UNT is not particularly fratty school (kinda hipster) and is well behind A&M, Texas State and Baylor as well as SMU, TCU, UT and Tech in that regard, but that's not to say it isn't right for you. It really depends what you're looking for.

By: Well
#3  by: Yep   

If you're in a good chapter it is a good time but if you're not I would definitely hate going to UNT and not be affiliated with a house.

By: Yep
#4  by: Really Though   

I wouldn't go to UNT if you're looking for a solid greek foundation. Sure their greeks are nice and everybody gets a chance but keeping it FaF requires going to other schools in the state. UT, Tech, SMU, Texas State, and maybe A&M. All of these schools have some serious Greek Lifes and are definitely worth being a part of. UNT is, with all due respect, kind of a liberal school and wouldn't be as enjoyable for the conservative Fraternity Man

By: Really Though
by: YeahMar 31, 2013 6:05:39 PM

TCU is among the best Greek schools in the state too (top 4 with UT, SMU and Tech) and Baylor is good as well. Texas State is also solid, but I wouldn't put them above A&M, they probably have more money and I've heard they've actually already improved in their brief time in the SEC.

By: Yeah
#5  by: Go to TCU   

To experience greek life at its best. UNT is really liberal and the greek system is a thin sliver of the conservatives. They have cool people, but some fraternities come off as geedish and promote clubs and do weird things. plus (no offense) they have no dominant school spirit in football as opposed to TCU where you will experience tailgating at its finest in the fall and they are good. Plus all the hot girls go to school there.

By: Go to TCU
by: NotApr 16, 2013 11:00:13 AM

all the hot girls go to TCU, and both SMU and UT actually have superior Greek systems IMO. TCU doesn't have actual houses like UT or SMU, and they don't rage as hard as UT does (or probably Tech). TCU's is great and all, but hardly the be-all and end-all of Greek life in the state.

By: Not
#6  by: Lovely <3   

I would say it's a work in progress. Greek Life is a big deal there, however; it's still not fully developed like SMU or TCU, but their Greek life has doubled in the last year and is expected to double from last year as well. Not to mention TCU and SMU are going to attract similar people, if you really are looking for a different setting I would recommend UNT. Ultimately it's up to you, but think about where your interests lie and where you're headed not to mention if you really hate UNT that much, just pledge a chapter you know is at TCU and transfer over!

By: Lovely <3
#7  by: TCU!   

Unt is full of non frat hipsters

By: TCU!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.