facebook

theta

by: Jfc

from what I've heard and seen, theta hasn't done so well in recruiting for several years and take everyone without any sort of selectivity. That's nice for some girls, it just doesn't help their image or retention. they don't have very pretty girls, some are absolutely gorgeous, but looks aren't their main problem. The worst thing for them is taking girls with no social skills who scare away PNMs and some of the Greek community as well. Just...weird people. They have no common theme in the chapter: it's all a melting pot of different personalities and people, except they can't make it work because, as a result, there's constant problems with sisters bonding, making friends, and drama. They've been very cliquey among themselves and theres rumors that they have made it an effort to pressure girls, some who want to help improve the chapter, into dropping out as well. But I think once A D Pi comes, they'll be over and removed from campus. Their long term future just isn't foreseeable. Sometimes I think the chapter should close and maybe be rechartered eventually. 10 years and not much of a change. I think it would be good for everyone involved to just start over after everyone graduates. I might sound harsh but I'm sorry, having seen it for myself, and somebody needed to say something, maybe so this chapter can be saved: an outside perspective to make these girls aware. I wish them the best of luck, and hope this may motivate improvement.

Posted By: Jfc
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Lol   

I honestly feel like this is an alpha phi trying to get the hate off of them and onto someone else lol.

By: Lol
by: YeahMar 31, 2016 11:09:47 AM

My chapter worked with Theta for events in the past year and they're so considerate, cooperative, and a nice addition to our campus. So lol yeah bye A phi

By: Yeah
by: Seriously?Mar 31, 2016 2:12:55 PM

Gotta drag alpha phi into everything. After one semester you think they have that strong if an opinion. This is coming from someone that's been around longer why can't everyone stop being hateful for ten minutes. Don't let the haters get you down theta and alpha phi.

By: Seriously?
by: DudeApr 7, 2016 12:02:47 PM

I am so sick of everyone accusing alpha phi of everything. Every single one of these chapters has girls who go and write nasty ranks on here. Even before alpha phi was on campus. ITS NOT ALL ALPHA PHI.

By: Dude
#2  by: alpha phi   

coming from an alpha phi, theta has been one of the most supportive chapters since we colonized. Plus, I would say we have a good melting pot of people too. With all of the hate we have been getting, theres no reason to inflict harsh comments about another chapter. Coming from the vast majority of us, we have a pro-panhel mindset and we want all chapters to see that. I promise we come in peace.

By: alpha phi
#3  by: No it's true    

They're not as nice as they seem

By: No it's true
#4  by: but like   

why don't you make a conscious effort to support theta instead of giving your two cents? and what does alpha phi have to do with any of this? theta has been around for 10 years and alpha phi has been here for one...I think as a Panhellenic community we need to make an effort to support theta and try to understand that they love their chapter as much as girls in other chapters love theirs.

By: but like
#5  by: Yikes   

Embarrassed that I used to be there

By: Yikes
by: Pan love May 3, 2016 12:04:17 AM

These girls are genuine and recently had a social with them and they really are so sweet and funny. They are so supportive of every chapter and I wish more people would recognize them for everything they do.

By: Pan love
#6  by: um   

why are we blaming alpha phi for this comment lol? They do have any issues with Theta. Every single chapter on campus has some girls that go and write nasty comments... but certainly not everyone. Blaming it all on one chapter is unfair

By: um
#7  by: Nope   

I know who posted this. They're not an A Phi

By: Nope
#8  by: Why   

Clearly you've never talked to a sister before because this couldn't be further from the truth. Like you said, "rumors." Everyone likes to make up stories and fabricate things that they've heard, so if you really want to talk about another chapter, you should go to the source and just ask! Also, looks should not be a deciding factor to determine if a chapter is good or not, society today is changing in so many ways so it's good that Greek life is doing the same! Theta has improved tremendously over the past year and are continuing to improve. Just as the other commenters have said, instead of bashing them, support them! We're all in Greek life on this campus so we should all try to lift each other up, we're panhellenic SISTERS!! Same goes for Alpha Phi, support them instead of bashing them and blaming an entire chapter for this post.

By: Why
by: Actually May 16, 2016 7:44:23 AM

I'm an active Theta and I'm sorry but a lot of these things are true.

By: Actually
#9  by: Actually, also    

I can no longer support my own chapter. After some of these things mentioned above happened, I've lost faith. It's more oppressive and disorganized than you think. You think we improved because of our "image". We have so many strict social media guidelines to follow, it's not even funny. I know a lot of others on campus do as well, but we cannot even express political opinions or "vaguely passive aggressive posts". If you get 4 strikes, you're up for termination, based off of whatever they deem unacceptable. Guess what, sisters? The problem isn't our image, it's our attitude. And you drive so many people out every year because of how you treat us. For anyone who doubts me, look at our composites. You'll notice it's basically an entirely new chapter every year. I'm just another one who's had enough and leaving. A group of us plan on dropping because we can not associate with this "sisterhood" that allows such poor leadership and oppresses its members so heavily.

By: Actually, also
by: whyMay 16, 2016 10:39:51 PM

There's no need to be spreading the chapter's business around to other organizations. Do you see anyone else talking about what privately goes on in their chapter? No. So you really need to rethink when you post anything on here, not smart.

By: why
by: ??May 18, 2016 11:22:42 AM

I'm a theta. I'm not going to say what's true out of this and what's not. Some of it is chapter business. Even though I've had a negative experience recently in the chapter the past semester, I feel like some of this is a little excessive. Calm down, dude.

By: ??

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.