facebook

More Recruitment Advice

by: Advice :)

Hey PNMs :) I wanted to add to the advice on here about recruitment and the choices you are making as you go! First, I hope to each of you that you are able to take a BIG breath now that you did day one because it’s a tough day! Here’s my biggest advice on the other side of rush:
1) You won’t feel a connection with every girl you talk to, and that is okay. Others have said it, but you won’t automatically mesh with every recruiter or every chapter.
2) We as recruiters look for authenticity and genuine connection, don’t treat your conversation like an opportunity just to state your resume! Feel free to talk about relevant experiences, but don’t rely on just listing them.
3) Engage, but don’t overpower. Make sure if you are really in to a conversation you let your recruiter know by engaging with her! Expand on your answers, lead the convo fun places, ask her questions you’d like to know!
4) Sorority chapters all look for different things at different times, so there is no one catch all to what exactly a chapter wants. Let conversations flow and try not to overthink or over analyze.
5) Chapter rankings are arbitrary. Just because a chapter isn’t ranked as high does not discount the organization or their sisterhood. Just because a chapter IS ranked high doesn’t mean they’re fake or exclusive. The Panhellenic community stands for unity and uplifting one another, not tearing eachother down. Take reviews with a grain of salt, and follow the rush process which is designed to help you find the perfect match!

Posted By: Advice :)
Post Reply Report

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.