facebook

miami

by: idkk

I'm solid upper middle class I have some nice clothes and I think I'm pretty put together and classy but some days I need to wear leggings and sweatshirts. some of these posts on here make me really nervous that I'm not good enough for miami... not rich enough or pretty enough or stylish enough.

Posted By: idkk
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Hi   

Don't pay attention to everything you hear on here, you don't need to have super expensive and nice things to fit in at Miami. Every girl here has a day out of the week they're wearing a sweatshirt.. And literally every girl on this campus wears leggings practically every day.

By: Hi
#2  by: honestly   

Not everyone here is wealthy or even good looking, but most sure wish they were.
This university could win a t-hard wanna be award.
Wealthy people generally don't go here. Upper Middle class people who wish they were wealthy do.
You don't need to be wealthy , but you need to really pretend you are.

By: honestly
#3  by: no   

you need to get yourself a cute lapdog to pet while you talk to the sorority ladies.

By: no
#4  by: oh my   

This school is the Basic Girl Capital! Nobody is actually rich, they just wish they were.You'll be fine.

By: oh my
#5  by: Excuse me?   

Wealthy people don't go here? That's false. The average family income for students that go to Miami far exceeds $100,000. Most Miami kids are from Lake Forest, Connecticut's Gold Coast, Westchester County, Chicago, DC/Potomac Area, and wealthy Cleveland/Columbus/Cincinnati suburbs (Shaker Heights, Hudson, Chagrin, Bexley, Upper Arlington, Indian Hill, Hyde Park). That's why we come here, so we're around similar people. Most students' families pay for their kids education...very few take out loans. So, switch that 95% and 5% number up there. About 95% of the student population is the stereotypical Miami student. The 5% are those who slip through the cracks and don't fit in.

By: Excuse me?
by: @Excsue me?Feb 3, 2015 1:18:07 PM

You are a pathetic wanna be. We go to a PUBLIC SCHOOL. This school is not expensive or exclusive in academics or wealth. If you think your parents making a hundi thou makes you wealthy, then you are sadly mistaken and fit in perfect here with the rest of your basic girl friends.

By: @Excsue me?
by: SweetheartFeb 3, 2015 1:37:02 PM

Sweetheart, I didn't say my parents made $100,000 (not "a hundi thou"...clearly I know where you fit at Miami, if you even go. Likely would not have gotten in.) Not only should you learn how to write, but you should learn how to read. I said, "far exceeds $100,000." That includes my dad's...which you multiply SEVERAL times based on his salary alone and not including all of our funds. Get it?

By: Sweetheart
by: real lifeFeb 3, 2015 1:38:03 PM

just because your dad doesn't make 250k+ doesn't mean you need to spit your jealousy all over greekrank. seriously get away.

By: real life
by: ^ rtFeb 3, 2015 1:39:53 PM

^ rt. Peasants go back to OSU.

By: ^ rt
by: ::Feb 4, 2015 4:52:25 PM

There are actual statistics to back up the $100,000 income thing. Additionally, this school IS expensive out of state and A LOT of people are out of state-- almost fifty percent. Out of state cost is 40,000-50,000 a year and Miami has been ranked as an expensive school before.

By: ::
by: You forgotFeb 6, 2015 9:00:31 AM

You forgot New Albany in that list of nice Ohio suburbs.

By: You forgot
#6  by: omy   

this is funny a pathetic. get a grip whack jobs.

By: omy
#7  by: Gonna be honest   

Honestly, this is all true about Miami having a bunch of rich kids and lots of WASPs. Not a lot of room for middle class folks here. Wannabes unwelcome.

By: Gonna be honest
by: ^Feb 3, 2015 3:27:27 PM

Put down the crackpipe.

By: ^
#8  by: Are you serious?   

I can't believe I'm reading this. Actually I can.

By: Are you serious?
#9  by: Prop Reality   

Here is a proposition:

How about we all admit that we didn't have the academics to get into Michigan, Uof I etc
We didn't have the money for DePauw, DePaul, Drake, etc
So we came here. Let's just enjoy what we got, and quit being douches abut it all.

By: Prop Reality
by: In ReplyFeb 3, 2015 5:15:56 PM

UIUC (not U of I -- you clearly already don't know what you're talking about) is not a really good school. Plenty of my friends and I chose not to go there. I know several people that transferred from UIUC to Miami.

As for DePaul, people that want to go there aren't the type really that want to go to Miami. It's very urban and gets a more eclectic crowd, plus it's Catholic.

Drake doesn't even fit in whatsoever with Miami or any decent school. Extremely random for you to drop a school in Iowa in the mix.

The only school you mentioned that is similar to Miami is DePauw. Kids are just as smart at both schools. Greek life is the same. Money background is the same. It's a snooty school in the Midwest.

Michigan is a huge state school that doesn't fit in well in this mix either, though it's probably second closest to Miami out of the mixed bag of schools that you mentioned.

By: In Reply
by: oh myFeb 4, 2015 10:16:40 AM

This is so pathetic. Why a few people here try to pretend they are Paris Hilton, is beyond me.

By: oh my
by: haFeb 4, 2015 11:47:18 PM

I will admit I didn't get into Michigan or OSU. I will also admit my parents gave me a budget and expensive private schools were out of the question. So, here I am. This is a normal state school. Nothing special. Sorry Dislustionals.

By: ha
by: KFeb 5, 2015 11:56:01 AM

Cool. I feel sorry for you. You'd be better at those schools. Please transfer out. I clearly know where you fall at Miami. About 5% of the misfits.

By: K
by: ^Feb 5, 2015 1:33:30 PM

actually I'm in a top tier house. I decided to enjoy going to a school with fellow underachievers and I'm having a blast. Nobody can say this school isn't fun. I'm not transferring. I'm in the cool group.

By: ^
#10  by: honestly   

This school is actually a nice welcoming place. This website however is the epitome of the miami stereotype. This is greekrank which means that the 70% of the school not involved in the greek community have no reason to be on this website. Additionally when you look at the posts on here (especially the ones that have to do with rank or tearing down a sorority) most of the people on here are clearly in one of the top 6 sororities. The opinions expressed on here are only a fraction of the miami community. Therefore you cannot take the posts on here as a sign that you're not good enough anymore than you could by looking up the school on urban dictionary.

By: honestly

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.