facebook

want to go thru recruitment but concerned about gp

by: sophomore

I'll be sophomore this year and my gpa is not the best. Fall of last year I had a really bad concussion from cheerleading so I didn't do well in 3 out of my 5 classes. This was mainly because they all had heavily weighted tests that made up the majority of the grades. Due to my injury it was very difficult to memorize the information so I did poorly on them. However, spring semester I made deans list and took a summer class to help boost my GPA. I have medical documentation excusing me from my grades in those classes but the school didn't do anything with it when I tried to turn them in. Unfortunately I'm still suck at a 2.5. I was wondering if I should go through with recruitment because I do regret not doing it last year or if I should just wait till spring when my gpa is higher. I'm a little unsure of what to do because I would like to be considered by all of the sororities but I know some require a higher gpa and don't typically make exceptions.

Posted By: sophomore
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Ccu greek   

I am so sorry to hear about your injury and your year. But that's so amazing that you worked really hard and are on the mend! A 2.5 is not bad, but if you want to be considered for all the sororities, I would wait! You could go for the spring or even your junior year! I know girls who went through then and got bids from all of the sororities! But it is up to you! You can go through and find a home in one of the sororities your GPA is allowed or you can wait!!! Please don't worry about your year of schooling, they will love you regardless!!! I really hope you're feeling better, good for you for killing it in your classes! That's awesome! Good luck to you!!! And look forward to meeting you during recruitment whenever you decide to go through! I know you'll find your home here!

By: Ccu greek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.