facebook

rush twice

by: rusher

I rushed this year, only got into one that I didn't like would it be weird to rush again next spring?

Posted By: rusher
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: No   

Not weird at all go ahead and give it another try. There are many guys in all fraternities that rushed / pledged multiple times, especially in my class because of the purge last semester.

By: No
by: NoApr 8, 2014 12:51:29 PM

I mean last year

By: No
#2  by: Naw    

Do it dude obviously go to a few different ones. Don't rush for the rep just rush for the ppl in it.

By: Naw
#3  by: Do it   

There will be atleast 2 more fraternities you can choose from who will want members lambda chi is getting re-chartered and sigma pi will be back in spring

By: Do it
by: lolApr 9, 2014 4:57:40 PM

I'm tired of wanna be Greek "lambda chis" coming on here acting as if they are anything significant they are just giving the organization they aren't apart of a bad name. You guys have no house, no annex, and aren't even a colony yet. phi tau, kappa sig and sigma nu are more suit for becoming a top house. If lambda chi even becomes a colony it will be several semesters before they get chartered. They have to find 25 guys who are willing to do 30+ hours of community service a semester and have good grades and can do copious amounts of work to become chartered. Not very realistic. If they do get chartered they will start out as an Alpha Sig.

Sigma Pi isn't even worthy of mentioning as well. Yes they have chill guys but they can't recruit until the spring which will prevent them from recruiting freshman in the fall. They have 15 members and 1 annex which is behind their house. Still at risk of dieing.

By: lol
by: atLolApr 9, 2014 5:56:57 PM

Agree with you about these Lambas. I heard they won't get on for at least a year and a half.
I also heard Sigma Pi got their suspension dropped a semester so they can rush fall and that they have new annexes. Not sure if true though.
I don't think Sigma Nu is capable to be a top house ever after not getting any chill pledges this year

By: atLol
by: lolApr 9, 2014 6:09:58 PM

Interesting about Sigma Pi. I hope they come back strong, and as a fraternity that doesn't haze.

Still don't see how they can have new annexes when they have less than 15 actives... They barely have enough guys to fill their house. I suppose they could get guys that got kicked out to help them but that would put them at risk for getting their charter pulled if the nationals of sigma pi found out that the guys who didn't get a bid during the re org were trying to contribute to starting the fraternity back up.

by: OXApr 9, 2014 7:12:30 PM

i also heard kappa sig is scared that lambda, pike, sigma pi, and sigma chi are coming back and their 15 minutes of fame will be over so they constantly post on this site about how those 4 are dead.

By: OX
by: HaApr 9, 2014 8:20:32 PM

Says the "lambada chi" who posted as a member of OX! And constantly bagging on established frats

By: Ha
by: ^^ Apr 9, 2014 8:21:39 PM

This.

By: ^^
by: ^^ Apr 9, 2014 8:22:37 PM

Obviously not an OX because they wouldn't admit to kappa sig acquiring any "fame."

by: HaApr 9, 2014 8:28:02 PM

Seriously theta chi knows they are in a good position. No one is even competing the "lambda" gave it away too funny

#4  by: Baksheesh   

I am sure the guys of sigma pi will help them out with annexes. I mean they are still bros. I am in a national frat but honestly all i care about is my chapter.

By: Baksheesh
by: ^^ Apr 9, 2014 8:35:27 PM

How are they the "guys of sigma pi" when the national president of sigma pi himself kicked them out of the fraternity? And if the guys who got kicked out attempt to help sigma pi by giving them annexes and recruit they will just get sigma pis charter pulled. The whole purpose of a reorg is to completely kick out and disassociate with the individuals who aren't contributing to the chapter. If sigma pi continues to associate with the guys who got cut they will just piss off their nationals.

by: Well dude Apr 9, 2014 8:41:42 PM

How would they (nationals know) unless someone snitches? Either way I could care less. But we could use a strong sigma pi a strong Greek system period.

By: Well dude
by: TrueApr 9, 2014 8:58:34 PM

Your right man but honestly after everything sigma pi has gone through I would expect them to of learned by now that you have to follow your nationals and schools rules. Frats have rules and regulations they need to follow and if your choosing to not follow them from the start you'll just end up suspended or kicked off campus again.

By: True
by: AboveApr 10, 2014 12:22:02 AM

I think the guy meant disassociate as in not be apart of the fraternity, can't wear letters and claim to be greek or a sigma pi.

By: Above
by: lolApr 10, 2014 2:33:19 AM

dunno bout other fraternities but for us once you pledge you're a brother for life. sucks for the guys who got booted from sigma pi but anyone who says they are geeds or not sigma pi is just stupid and is the complete opposite of what Greek life is about

by: HaApr 10, 2014 12:35:12 PM

I would disagree sigma pi is the complete opposite of what greek life is about. They hazed (with alcohol) and continued to haze even after one of their pledged died the previous semester. Nationals did a great job kicking out the guys who hazed and chose not to follow the rules. Never saw sigma pi do anything in greek life besides sports and parties. Never saw them do community service or give back to the community which is a big aspect of greek life. The guys who got kicked out are geeds because they did not meet the expectations of the organization and contribute enough while they were brothers to stay in.

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.