facebook

greek on suspension, again!!!

by: THE TRUTH

In yesterday's ChicoER, the Greek Community is once again suspended. The following Greeks have been placed on the suspension list....

Sigma Chi
Pi Kappa Alpha
Gamma Phi Beta

At the rate these suspensions keep happening, it will only be a matter of time before the whole Greek Life at Chico will be dissolved.

Posted By: THE TRUTH
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: frat   

Chico State does not want a strong greek system. They've made that extremely clear. There is no chance for improvement if the school keeps suspending and expelling chapters. Honestly, I think at this point the greek systems only chance at survival is to disaffiliate with the school.

By: frat
#2  by: agreed   

sigma nu, sigma pi, theta chi, and phi kappa tau are all planning on leaving campus within the next year. it will be interesting to see what happens if this occurs. I would assume theta chi and phi kappa tau will remain/become top houses since they have the biggest & best houses in the best locations. sigma chi, phi delt, and alpha sig will most likely disappear since their nationals are strict about drinking in the houses.

By: agreed
#3  by: Fleur de lis   

Latest news......Pi Kappa Alpha (Pikes) are suspended for 3 years and Sigma Chi is suspended for 2 years.

By: Fleur de lis
#4  by: lmao   

more recent news.... Instead of IFC having a meeting tonight they took the schools money, went to Riley and blew all their money on alcohol. Looks like the Greek system is done in Chico.

By: lmao
#5  by: greek   

greek system is far from done. the school doesn't own our houses, we can continue on without affiliating with the school.

By: greek
#6  by: Lizzie   

Nobody will want to join an non-recognized or underground fraternity. There are way too way risks involved that can lead into trouble with the police. Plus many National Offices will not support an underground chapter for that same reason.

By: Lizzie
by: This.Aug 5, 2013 2:13:38 PM

I'm going to be rushing next semester and have no interest in joining an unaffiliated fraternity. I want to be able to do socials with sororities and Greek week.

By: This.
by: aboveAug 7, 2013 1:34:15 AM

What do you recommend doing then? I feel like freshman in the future still won't join unaffiliated fraternities regardless if they throw sick parties.

By: above
#7  by: To be, Not to be   

Unaffiliated/underground fraternities are BAD NEWS!!!! Lizzie, is correct when she says that there are too many risks involved with these types of fraternities....trouble wit the police, unlimited hazing, which could lead to series problems (Law suits and death), non-compliance with the CSU code of conduct, etc. Word of advise to incoming freshmen....STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THESE FRATERNITIES. THEY BASICALLY OFFER NOTHING AND CONTRIBUTE NOTHING TO REAL COLLEGE LIFE EXPERIENCE.

By: To be, Not to be
by: APHISep 11, 2013 5:43:06 AM

There is a HUGE difference between an independent fraternity (dirty psy dirty, tau gamma) and an unaffiliated fraternity (sigma chi). They still have the same standards as before and the backing of one of the strongest (if not the strongest?) nationals.
Look at private, religious affiliated school (in other words every private school but USC and the ivys). None of those school recognize greek organizations. Does not mean that their greek systems is filled with chaos and rouge chapters

By: APHI
by: True Sep 12, 2013 4:48:56 PM

But look at UofA. All of the fraternities/sororities are affiliated with the university. Pi Kappa Phi (Jimmies frat) and delta chi were kicked off but were still back by their nationals and still exist as unaffiliated fraternities. The majority of the Greek system (mainly the sororities) refuse to even associate with them because they are now "GDIs." I'm friends with an Alpha Phi and an EK at UofA and she even said "Jimmie tatro" is now a GDI.

If shunning indepdendents frats happened at UofA to one of the most iconic fraternities , it's definitely going to happen at Chico state to Sigma chi and anyone else that goes independent.

By: True
#8  by: Above is a geed   

pikapp.org/PKP/ChapterDirectory.aspx
You're an idiot my brother is a PI Kapp. They're done. It's a totally different situation.

By: Above is a geed
#9  by: Above is a geed   

They are not backed by their nationals.

By: Above is a geed

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.