facebook

what are the real sorority rankings here?

by: Haylie

What are the real sorority rankings here? Top tier? Mid Tier? Bottom Tier?

Posted By: Haylie
Post Reply Report
Page 7 of 8
#61  by: swiggy's got it   

yea, swiggy is on point. couldn't of said it better myself.

By: swiggy's got it
#62  by: No   

Kappa is not top. This is a joke

By: No
by: RealityOct 8, 2013 1:00:41 AM

I think most of greek life and the student population would beg to differ. They are certainly top three or four. You would be fooling yourself if you thought otherwise.

Kappa is above Gphi, AGD, DDD, and Phi Sig for sure. Definitely below DG. Theta and Alpha Phi are interchangeable in order with Kappa. Let's be honest.

By: Reality
by: above commentDec 24, 2013 2:23:34 AM

Again..."reality" is a kappa...

By: above comment
#63  by: wtf   

why do people think theta so freaking good and on top. im seeing their pledge class. they didnt do too hot.

By: wtf
by: NoOct 21, 2013 3:49:35 PM

Jealous? They got an amazing new pledge class.

By: No
by: hahahaOct 21, 2013 7:14:12 PM

looks like someone got dropped by theta...

By: hahaha
#64  by: Truth   

DG: hot, fun and loves to party, will always be on top. Theta: pretty, classy and still loves to have fun. Great pledge class. Alpha Phi: was once top, but falling very quick. Their pledge class this year is not top tier material. Gamma Phi; coming back up. Good pledge class. I wouldn't be surprised if they are ahead of Aphi soon. Kappa; good house, still making a name for themselves. ADG: on rise. Good in airbands. Tri delt; forgettable. Phi sig: different.

By: Truth
by: trueOct 21, 2013 7:13:01 PM

agreed. not sure about gamma phi coming back up, they seem to be on a plateau right now

By: true
#65  by: For real though...   

1. Theta- highest GPA, sorority of the year, decent nationals, they are top (for a majority of girls, not everyone)
2. DG- the Theta's of hotness. One of the hottest sororities. Not necessarily beautiful though. Besides their partying abilities, there isn't much too them. (Main reason why Theta is top)
3. Kappa- for having just taken their Alpha class, they already have some of the better girls on campus. Let's see what they look like in 2017.
4. APhi- sadly, they just tanked this year. Their girls are very beautiful, much more so than DG, but they did horribly this year. Not because they didn't get pretty girls though.
5. GPhi- odd mix of women...only thing great about them is their National status.
6-8. PhiSig, TriDelta, AGD- Depending on which girls you know/meet/talk to, it's hard to place one above the other. To be nice (but honest),
AGD- generally considered prettier than the other two, but they have some really crazy chicks. They often get a handful of very pretty girls who were turned off by the superficialness of "top"/"middle" tier sororities. their sisterhood isn't much better than APhi's is.
Phi Sig- (much) smaller & (much) less social than the other two, but they are definitely one of the nicest sororities & they are really care about each other
TriDelta- half of them are VERY chill and fun (and fairly pretty). The other half think they are better than Theta/Kappa/DG. They REALLY care about their philanthropy though!!

By: For real though...
by: yesOct 27, 2013 10:15:58 PM

I couldn't agree more

By: yes
by: AgreeOct 28, 2013 9:27:30 AM

Theta, DG, Kappa 1, 2, 3

By: Agree
by: truthOct 29, 2013 3:08:00 PM

Correct ranking. I agree as well.

By: truth
by: got it!Oct 30, 2013 1:22:15 AM

right on the mark! this seems to be the most honest/accurate response. I agree with the 1-5 rankings and the 6-8 comments. I thought it was a great way to put it too.

By: got it!
by: Chill dudeNov 5, 2013 1:34:57 AM

Re: let's grow up
The rankings are what the rankings are. Not only do you have horrible spelling and grammar, you also don't make any sense at all. I didn't completely agree with the rankings, but the explanations were great. There are more dignified ways of disagreeing with someone, which I hope you look into. Based off what you said (& the way you said it) I don't believe you have even graduated from middle school yet, so don't worry about sororities for now :)
I do, however, now agree with those rankings.

By: Chill dude
#66  by: CU greek love   

It's hurtful to hear those things @letsgrowup. If you do not like greek life don't bash on it, perhaps disaffiliate, you know it isn't for everyone and we get that too. Chapman has a great Greek community and well I think that every chapter at this school is amazing in it's own way. Yes, people may rank them on things like popularity, classiness, sisterhood, etc. but trust me these ranking don't mean anything compared to what it truly means to us and our individual fraternities or sororities. That last ranking was pretty on point with the explanations and well take it how you want it, just don't be bitter and rude about it.

~~

By: CU greek love
#67  by: Beenthere donethat   

Honestly, the sororities with the worst comments on this site are by far the ones that are most highly sought after (dg & aphi) which only tells any intelligent, logical person who knows anything about Greek that the people writing those things are intentionally trying to bash aphi and dg so that they themselves (other sororities) can get bigger pledge classes and higher rankings. If it wasn't true, why would the be wasting their time saying anything about them at all? It's because aphi and dg always get the strongest pledge classes with the best girls and still have to turn people away, which cannot be said for the other sororities at chapman.

By: Beenthere donethat
by: HeyNov 16, 2013 4:56:14 PM

Well, that's not the whole story. I don't think the bashing on here is to necessarily sabotage their recruitment chances because that is ridiculous and will not work. Everybody knows all the things that are said on here already. They are unspoken understandings of Greek Life at Chapman. People come on here to 1. vent, 2. defend their friends/sisters, 3. actually try to make some changes in the community. Honestly, even if people don't like aphi/dg it is generally accepted that they are top tier. If people say otherwise they are delusional. Aphi definitely slipped this year from their Bid Day scandal (which they were cleared of charges on), but generally people understand the rankings without having to go on here. Talking on here will not change things, but gives people a release. Fine.

By: Hey
#68  by: Rustupid   

Everyone knows aphi and dg are top...it doesn't matter what happened or didn't happen this year.... They are top always have been always will be..... Their girls are the prettiest most "popular" girls you probably all were jealous of in high school. They have the best stuff, throw the best events, party with the best guys.... Have the most on campus recognition and the most Girls rushing them every single year.... By A LOT! Obvi that means a lot of girls get cut and have hurt feelings. Everyone wishes they could be aphi or dg at one point before, during or after rush and anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

Gphi and theta mid level. They are the smart, Mid level girls. Don't get all the guys... Don't go to all the parties but well regarded for what they do do.... Active in the Greek community etc.

Everyone else no one anyone Gives a crap about.... Let's be honest and stop self promoting. If you don't like that your sorority is insignificant in the rankings you shouldn't have picked it. If you wanted a top house you should have rushed one. It is what it is. Sorry bout it. For those that found the right fit there good for you!!! That's the point but don't keep trying to say you're top or mid when you aren't and never will be.

By: Rustupid
by: That's factDec 21, 2013 11:48:50 AM

So spot on and true!

By: That's fact
by: you are wrongDec 23, 2013 1:46:03 PM

be careful using words like "everyone." Just because everyone you know feels that way, doesn't mean "everyone" does. I went through rush and had no desire to be in a "popular" group. I was looking for something different. Who do yo think you are saying " no one anyone Gives a crap about..." First of all....get some grammar skills. Also, are you so great that your reality is everyone's reality? So I'm a "liar" because my worldview is different then yours? Wow. You are a real piece of work. No wonder our Greek System at Chapman has a bad name to outsiders.

By: you are wrong
#69  by: Truthbtold   

Aphi/dg - top

Gphi/theta - mid

Agd/kkg - low mid

DDD/phi sig - who?

By: Truthbtold
by: Not Greek yetDec 21, 2013 11:50:25 AM

I'm not afiliated yet but this is honestly how it seems to me as an outsider

By: Not Greek yet
by: not even closeDec 23, 2013 1:42:01 PM

this isn't even close to being right.

By: not even close
#70  by: cu panther   

looking over the progress (or not) of some sororities this semester, my honest opinion:

DG - the sorority most girls want to be, they are fabulous and make their social life look extravagant, their sisterhood is solid but they aren't the smartest tools in the shed, typical.
APhi/Theta - APhi's are sassy and loud, girls know how to party and a lil more ;) half the girls are dedicated and lucky to be there the other half are typical aphi's, they just don't have good reps. Thetas have a classier rep and are known for good grades but the girls aren't the prettiest just a whole bunch of randos.
GPhi/AGD/KKG - GPhis are living off an old rep but they are know to be fun and more outgoing. they do have some weird girls. AGD is fighting to bring it up and although the girls aren't known the be the most popular they are well recognized. They have some gems among them but still have to work to keep this up. KKG is fresh meat but has done good to uprise, most girls were sorority rejects from last year and the other half pretty ladies waiting to b part of something new STILL, they can be better but their girls arent the best. They all have good sisterhoods.
DDD - just a bunch of triangles everywhere, i forget they exist but they are nice and have a good sister hood
Phi Sig - have the best sisterhood just not the prettiest girls. they arent recognized but they dont care which shows a lot.

By: cu panther

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.