facebook

rush

by: freshy

i plan on rushing fall14, but dont know many girls from uca, and all of my friends are going to other schools. greek life is very important to me. would it be difficult to get in if i dont know any girls in lets say alpha tau or alpha sig?

Posted By: freshy
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Campuslyfe   

No. I go to school down the road from UCA. the ΣΣΣ girls are the best. That is the sorority you wanna join.

By: Campuslyfe
#2  by: uca   

I would advise not to go into formal recruitment. It is very rushed and a lot of it is just for show. I would advise to try and meet some girls from each sorority in a more relaxed setting and see which one is best for you. And if they like you, and you like them, it will be easy to join whichever sorority suits you best. It really depends on your personality on which fit is best for you. In my opinion, Delta Zeta is the "typical" sorority, like you see in the movies. Alpha Sigma Alpha are good athletes and have good GPAs. Alpha Tau are great dancers. Sigma Sigma Sigma are the most friendly/laid back. And Sigma Kappa girls like to have a good time. That is just my opinion, but you should meet them all and see for yourself!

By: uca
#3  by: thatgirl   

I don't typically know a lot about the other sororities on campus (I'm new to Greek life) but Sigma Phi Lambda is a good choice if you're interested in a Christian sorority. All of the girls are extremely nice, and you get a bid from Sigma Phi Lambda because you choose them, they don't choose you. All the sororities on campus are great, so Sigma Phi Lambda is just a suggestion!

By: thatgirl
#4  by: ucagirl   

It won't be hard at all to get into a good sorority if you don't know them! If you could try and introduce yourself at events like Meet the Greeks or at Conway Daze during welcome week. You'll be fine if you don't know very many though and Greek life is amazing no matter which sorority

By: ucagirl
#5  by: Antiyou   

I would say go through formal and it's an amazing experience. And choose what place feels like home, because if you feel it, they will feel it too.

By: Antiyou
#6  by: greek girl   

go through formal!! you will meet so many people. you do not have a disadvantage just because you don't know people, girls get into alpha tau and alpha sig all the time without knowing girls beforehand. Just go to a lot of activities and meet tons of girls, get your face out there before recruitment!!

By: greek girl
#7  by: bearforlife   

def go through formal. i went through last year ans i didn't know ANYONE! it it really rushed, im not going to lie, but it was so much fun and you meet a lot of people. try to get close to the girls in you pi chi group because if y'all get into the same chapter you will already know someone and it won't be awkward for you if you are worried about not knowing people! have fun and be yourself!

By: bearforlife
#8  by: beargirl   

if you have a good personality youll get in whatever you want. when i went through i didnt know many people but im friendly so i didnt get cut from anything

By: beargirl

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.