facebook

this is a top brass school and you are all acting

by: You know?

So 86,0000 people applied to go to Long Beach State this fall. Less than 30% got accepted. Making your school one of the hardest in the country to get into. The most difficult of all the State schools. The only UC schools that were harder were CAL Berkeley and UCLA. I had a 3.7 and I have been wait listed (probably won't get in for the fall). You all go on and on here on this website like a bunch of morons. Makes me wonder if I even want to go here and go Greek.

Posted By: You know?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Dude   

Every greek in every school bashes each other on Greek Rank. If you don't want to go here then don't come

By: Dude
#2  by: yes.   

Most people in the Greek System are not like the people on here. Most people here are pretty laid back, academic and classy. Go through rush!

By: yes.
#3  by: reality   

Long Beach State's status as a top tier university is fairly new, but it is real. Most of the people here are very bright. You will meet a few meatheads but most aren't. Go through rush. You will be pleasantly surprised.

By: reality
by: ^Jul 6, 2015 8:01:26 PM

I've been here four years and it has always been an academically competitive environment. It became super elite this year, but it has always been top tier.

By: ^
#4  by: meh   

Most people here are really academic. If you are a communications major (aka Dumbo) you tend to join SAE or Gamma Phi Beta. Everyone else is really smart.

By: meh
by: ^Jul 5, 2015 3:51:34 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself.

by: everydayJul 12, 2015 1:59:01 PM

I meet SAEs and Gamma Phis and wonder how the heck they got in here.

By: everyday
by: ^Jul 21, 2015 10:49:26 PM

They are mostly communications majors.

#5  by: which    

Which sororities have the most engineering majors?

By: which
by: Welcome Jul 7, 2015 6:49:34 PM

I know several... But all that I know ended up dropping because their major required too much academic attention for them to be able to participate fully in sorority functions. Maybe try aopii or dg

By: Welcome
by: ^Jul 7, 2015 7:36:55 PM

If you are super academic you want to go with AOPi, DDD or DZ. Alpha Phi gets good grades but they are mostly easy majors.

#6  by: 49er   

Long Beach State has had top rated programs for years.

By: 49er
#7  by: chapstick girl   

I'm very academic and I'm going through recruitment soon. I'm hoping to find a house that is a good fit for me. I had a 4.0 (plus) in high school and plan on going to med school. So I need to keep my grades up.

By: chapstick girl
by: Blah blahJul 18, 2015 5:57:37 PM

It doesn't matter if you had a 4.0. Who the hell cares. Each high school curriculum is different, yours is probably different otherwise you would be going to an Ivy instead of CSULB. That being said every sorority is fantastic here. Check out each and every one

By: Blah blah
by: ^Jul 18, 2015 11:08:03 PM

CSULB is better than an IVY for certain majors AND people don't leave with tons of debt AND we can do internships in LA or Orange County. Not bad.

by: ummmJul 18, 2015 11:39:57 PM

many people here have above a 4.0

By: ummm
by: HmmmJul 19, 2015 3:43:21 AM

I don't know about you guys but I would take any Ivy League over CSULB

By: Hmmm
by: ^Jul 19, 2015 11:28:15 AM

really depends on your major and what you want to get out of college.

by: @HmmmJul 19, 2015 7:38:48 PM

I got into Columbia, but decided against it. I'm a biology major, so I wanted to stay in California. Didn't want a ton of debt since I plan on going to Med School. I have a good chance of getting in with my GPA and MCATs.

By: @Hmmm
by: ^Jul 21, 2015 12:40:59 AM

loads of people here got into IVYs. This school has great programs. If you are communications, liberal studies, or criminal justice major , this school is a joke. But other than that, it is a competitive school.

by: Fred FlinstoneJul 21, 2015 2:35:48 AM

The Graphic Design Department here at Long Beach State is the number one school in the country. Hands Down.

By: Fred Flinstone
by: BruhJul 21, 2015 3:01:08 AM

Liberal Arts is the biggest school on this campus. How does it suck? We are also big on business majors too

By: Bruh
by: ^Jul 21, 2015 11:01:19 AM

Liberal arts is one of the easier majors at every school.

by: chickJul 23, 2015 1:58:49 PM

^^^you're easy

By: chick
#8  by: 49er   

This is a top tier school. We have a lot of great internships on the area.

By: 49er
by: ^Jul 22, 2015 11:47:02 AM

and lots of 4.0s

#9  by: if   

If you don't have a 3.7, you probably won't get in here.

By: if
by: ^Jul 23, 2015 9:23:01 AM

there are people with 3.7 and 3.8s getting waitlisted.

by: ^Jul 26, 2015 3:10:14 AM

there are 4.0s getting wait listed into various departments

#10  by: OP Is butthurt   

I think OP is just butthurt

By: OP Is butthurt
by: ^Jul 28, 2015 12:31:10 AM

lots of butthurts trolling

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.