facebook

spring rush

by: identity

I'm looking to go threw Spring Rush. I'm a freshman who lives at home not the dorms, so it would be my main source of connection to the school. I really want to join but I have some concerns. Which sororities are having Spring Rush? I don't want to wait until Fall, so I really want to rush now. Here is my primary concern: I really want to be a part of something, but I don't want to lose my personal identity. Reading some of these posts and seeing a few women in class, I'm a bit worried about a sorority really defining me. I saw a recruitment video and it said, "You are always wearing your letters" for the rest of your life. Sort of made me feel uncomfortable. I feel like I should be able to make mistakes without letting everyone down. I just want to join a group that lets me be me. Any suggestions?

Posted By: identity
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: m   

just try it out. dont take anyones word other than your own... rush a sorority. You wont lose your own identity.. the main reason for going greek is so you can die happy knowing you did something crazy, fun, and helped the community while doing it with people you grow to love. the only one who needs to really know your identity is yourself.. stay true to yourself and your own morals and youll be fine.. its a family youre joining, not a processing machine thatll turn you into a robot.. a phi, dg, dz, gphib.. go for those and choose the one with the girls you click with the most

By: m
#2  by: Greekgirly   

Aphi, DG, DZ, or Gphi will not turn you into a robot just because they're top houses... I think you might get a better feel for the girls going through fall rush, but honestly you'll just know what house you're supposed to be in. You can't let people's comments sway what house you pledge. Go in with an open mind because you'll find where you click.

By: Greekgirly
#3  by: Alpha   

I would say check out all the houses, meet girls from each and see what each has to offer.

By: Alpha
#4  by: Panhellenic   

There will be a formal spring recruitment. You should sign up via the school in order to see the chapters. I'm pretty sure that all the houses will be open, though I'm not positive yet.

And it's true that you're "always wearing your letters", but your letters don't define you. You define them. Keeping that in mind, I hope you come through recruitment and keep an open mind to all of the houses. If you do, you'll end up where you belong. Good luck!

By: Panhellenic

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.