facebook

legacy

by: hi

I'm a DG legacy and I'm going GCSU in the fall. I know they just got their first pledge class and I was wondering how good or bad it is. I'm definitely interested in joining a sorority, but I'm just not sure if DG here is right for me since they're so new. I want to give them a genuine chance because my mom and my grandmother were both DGs and loved it, but I'm just worried that they might be really unorganized and their sisterhood might not be the strongest since I would imagine that it's hard to get a coherent group of great girls when a chapter is first getting started.

Posted By: hi
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: girlwithalltheanswers   

i know a few DGs and theyre nice but youre right not everything is organized and ready. I am in another sorority, so I will tell you this. Give every sorority a chance you never know who will be the right fit for you until you rush and meet everyone because every chapter is different

By: girlwithalltheanswers
#2  by: good start   

DG got some really nice, enthusiastic girls who are working hard to get organized before recruitment. They definitely won't have everything figured out by this fall, but depending on how recruitment goes, I think they could get some nicer girls than a couple of the "bottom tier" houses (although I don't think any sorority here is too bad). I'd definitely give them a fair chance if being a legacy is important to you, but still give the other houses a chance. I feel like DG here would be a different experience because you would really get to help build the chapter and influence the reputation it builds. One of my friends is in the colonizing pledge class of DPhiE at UGA and she said it's a different experience, but very rewarding!

By: good start
#3  by: Has potential    

My best friend joined DG and from what'd I've heard, they're off to a good start. Their founding pledge class is about what you'd expect - some really great girls who could easily be in some of the mid/top tier sororities on campus but also some not so great girls who they had to take because they couldn't be super selective. It's also a very diverse group - both in looks and personality - because dg's advisors were the ones who selected them. They've had some younger advisors who have been very involved with their chapter all year to help them get ready for rush. They have a ton of potential since they have a clean slate compared to the bottom tier sororities, and if they can recruit good girls next year, I think they'll be off to a solid start

By: Has potential

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.