facebook

how acceptive are the gcsu sororities?

by: Prospective GCSU Student

I'm trying to decide between GCSU, and one other college. I've been to college before, but I was never involved in student life. Now that I'm starting over, I really want to rush next fall. However, I'm a non-traditional student, so I'll be 25. Would that automatically count me out, or are the GCSU sororities accepting of all women no matter their age?

Posted By: Prospective GCSU Student
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Student    

As a new sister, your situation is really interesting to me. Though I wouldn't have a problem with an older recruit, I feel I'm probably in the minority. With most girls accepting littles being 19-21, a lot of girls would probably feel a little weird having a 25 year old little; GCSU, unfortunately, isn't very diverse, and at times can be a little unaccepting. However, your age wouldn't bother me personally! I'm interested to know what other people think.

By: Student
#2  by: At age 25...    

Will you really want to hang with 18 year olds? You have to ask yourself what you will have in common with these recent high school graduates. Your pledge class will do a lot of activities together.

By: At age 25...
#3  by: sorry   

Not to sound harsh, but I don't think you would be offered a bid from any NPC sorority at GCSU due to your age. Like the above commenter said, your pledge class would be almost all 18-year-olds... Why would you want to hang out with a group of girls seven years younger than you? I'm sorry that you missed out on Greek life, but I don't think you would have any success trying now. I understand where you're coming from, but I think a lot of girls would find someone your age going through rush very weird. My advice would be to find other groups on campus to get involved with. I'm sure there is a group for non-traditional students, a service organization, etc.

By: sorry
#4  by: No   

A lot of sororities actually have rules about this. Most require members to be just out of high school/in college for the first time. They'll take a few upperclassmen/transfer students but there shouldn't be any gaps in your education. My roommate had taken a year off as a gap year and got cut from every house so if you're 25, you don't have a chance.

By: No
#5  by: Curious   

Well......did you rush and how did it go?

By: Curious

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.