facebook

Is this a good school and is social life here good?

by: genuine

I know for many who want to go into humanities and/or foreign service Georgetown is a dream school....however I am STEM bound (looking to pursue some combination of math/physics/biochem) and I got rejected from HYP, MIT, Stanford, UPenn, Cornell and currently deciding between Georgetown and Michigan. Neither were my top choices and I only applied to Georgetown because both my mom and her dad went here. I have always been in a NE private/prep school environment so Gtown feels like a culture fit but Michigan has the superior STEM culture and departments... please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like Gtown is not worth it if you plan to do anything in hard STEM?... im also hoping to dabble in greek life and my worry is it is too lowkey here? Really confused between these two great schools... Michigan is the business, science and engineering powerhouse vs Gtown is more familiar culturally ... Gtown STEM folks please help

Posted By: genuine
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hm   

for majors like math or physics, Georgetown reallllly falls behind compared to schools like Berkeley, HYPSM, UPenn, Cornell, UChicago etc... theres just no comparison... i'd go with Michigan in your case because Michigan is right up there with the STEM greats... and it is considered an
"elite" state school

By: hm
by: opApr 26, 2021 2:31:33 PM

yeah im going with mich . cheers

By: op
#2  by: truth   

just dont rush sae unless u want to be labeled as a predator

By: truth
by: opApr 29, 2021 4:14:03 PM

lol thanks, im likely sending in my deposit to Michigan... its just better than Gtown in everything except government/foreign service

By: op

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.