facebook

for incoming freshmen and all concerned

by: Honest Helper

While there is some good information to be found on this website, be very careful about what you read and believe. I have pretty much found that most positive posts are done by members of that organization and EVERY negative post is made by a member of a rival organization. I even know of some organizations at Furman who ask their members to post positively about themselves and negatively about others.

The main thing to consider when entering rush is that each group is unique and has its own positives and negatives. Furthermore, each group has a number of individuals that will be perfect for that group alone. I have found that throughout my years at Furman, people end up joining the organization that is right for them.

Go to every rush event you can to find the best fit for you. Even if you have heard of an organizations reputation and think that it would not be a good fit for you give it a chance. Every group has their partiers, weirdos, bible beaters, cool kids, and nerds. Don't write off a group early and miss your chance to find the perfect brother/sisterhood for you.

Posted By: Honest Helper
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Threelettersfome   

Panhellenic found us omg

By: Threelettersfome
#2  by: FU2016   

I find the site interesting and funny, however, I would never take it as a way to seriously judge the sororities. The school honestly isn't big enough to have one extremely popular group. All the groups have some people who hate them and some people who love them. You have a full semester on campus to get to know people. The beauty of only having six sororities means you can get to know a little about each of them - and I've never found it hard to find out which groups I did not want to be part of. They all have very different feels so hang out with a group in each and don;t get too attached to one.

By: FU2016
#3  by: FU   

I can't believe I found something accurate and of value on this site. Bravo to this thread. Freshman pay attention to this.

By: FU
#4  by: FU   

I can't believe I found something accurate and of value on this site. Bravo to this thread. Freshman pay attention to this.

By: FU

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.