facebook

a real review

by: Honest Opinion

Overall Furman's greek system blows, but I would like to post a real run down of the top fraternities and sororities.

Top Fraternities:

Top tier: KA and SAE. by far the most socially active and best parties (even though most of the parties anywhere at Furman are pretty lame). Coolest guys by far and definitely go the hardest of all the fraternities

Middle tier: Sig Nu and Sig Chi. Kind of douchey guys but parties are all right. Sig Nu gave out alcohol once which was a surprise b/c not even KA or SAE really do that.

Bottom tier: the rest are bottom tier. Pi Kapp is pretty lame and i don't even know the other fraternities. Kappa sig, although they have some of the highest votes (which was probably all of them voting themselves) is not even a real (meaning recognized) fraternity. And not just de jure, but also de facto. Nobody goes to their parties despite them giving out free booze and lots of it. they are a bunch of douche bags and i'm pretty sure they got like three pledges this year. Again I'm not aware of the other fraternities besides the five real ones mentioned here.

Sororities: Chi O and ADpi have the hottest girls, but the sororities at Furman are nothing more than social clubs. They don't have houses, so all they really do is have functions and sit at the same lunch tables. KD and TriDelt are all really cliquey girls that all do Young Life. The girls at Furman aren't hot anyways, and many of the very few hot girls on campus don't even join a sorority.

Posted By: Honest Opinion
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: fugreek   

spoke like a true GDI..sorry greek didn't work out for you at furman..it's only for the select few that make the cut..enjoy being a lame GDI

By: fugreek
#2  by: considering the same   

^to the person above, where did you transfer and how did that go for you? i'm considering transferring to USC because the greek life here sucks and especially the parties. I'm a freshman btw.

By: considering the same
#3  by: The Real World   

Y'all make sure you stay below the the Mason-Dixon line. Keep your Wonder Bread mentality lady-like; your men in khakis. The rest of us will do the thinking -it's a big scary world out there Furman, don't ever wander too far into it.

By: The Real World
#4  by: No   

This post is the furthest from the truth. A lot changes in a year!

By: No

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.