facebook

athletes and fraternities

by: FULAX

Hey y'all, Im a committed lacrosse athlete going to furman next year, are athletes in greek life at all? My entire family went greek and I want to live on the legacy. However do fraternities allow athletes or do many athletes join fraternities?

Posted By: FULAX
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: come on over   

Yes, many athletes are part of greek life at Furman. Quite a few soccer players are in one sorority in particular. The men's golf team also has a few guys in fraternities, I also know some football players in greek life. I'm sure there are many others as well.

By: come on over
#2  by: Bobby B   

Yes, almost all of the men's tennis team is Greek

By: Bobby B
#3  by: The New Order   

If you are interested in greek life, no one will stop you for being an athlete, however both you and your respective greek life choice need to communicate about time commitments for both your sport and greek life. If they won't work with you and your schedule, then look for another group that will. However, I have the faith that most of the fraternities and sororities will do anything to make it work out.

By: The New Order
#4  by: john   

apparently lacrosse players are not allowed to do fraternities. Apparently that coach meade's rule.

By: john
#5  by: Ok?   

I can tell you that Meade will consider allowing you to join a fraternity. If not now he will come next year.

By: Ok?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.