facebook

rushing as a soph

by: Hi guys

A lot of people have been asking what it's like to go through recruitment as a sophomore, and I would say it's 100% worth it! Here's some advice:
1. Be prepared to answer why you decided to rush as a sophomore and not as a freshman. Usually being honest is the way to go, but if you feel the reasoning is too personal just say something along the lines of "I wanted to get adjusted to BU/college life before joining a sorority" or "I grew so much more as a person, and now I feel ready to devote my time to Greek life". Every single chapter asked me why I chose to rush a year later!
2. If you rushed as a freshman, but dropped for whatever reason, don't worry! The girls from last year will not remember that they dropped you or kept you. Go in with an open mind because the chapter women are as well!
3. Mention clubs/ activities you were in when you were not a part of Greek life. Showing that you can commit to something is great.
4. Don't feel like you won't connect to your pledge class. You will spend so much time with these girls during new member period, you will definitely feel connected and find friends in your pledge class.
5. Offer more to a chapter than just being a member! Being a sophomore, you need to stand out. Show interest in different positions you can hold in a chapter or what you are looking forward to contributing to that chapter.
6. Always SMILE! Smiling lets the chapter woman know you are interested in what she has to say and in getting to know her chapter.

Posted By: Hi guys
Post Reply Report

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.