facebook

rushing as a transfer

by: Wondering

What's it like to rush a sorority as a sophomore or older transfer? Do all the sororities accept transfers or are there only some?

Posted By: Wondering
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: do it   

a lot of sophomores do recuitment. i say do it.

By: do it
#2  by: :)   

i went through recruitment as a sophomore! i was not a transfer, but i didn't know many people in greek life. i had the best experience, and ended up in my top choice. go for it!!!!

By: :)
#3  by: e   

I rushed as a junior last year and it's definitely a lot harder and I know that some sororities dropped me because of my age. However, don't let this discourage you! If you keep an open mind, you can still find a chapter that's a great fit for you. (I actually know of one chapter that had two juniors in addition to multiple sophomores in their most recent PC and others took juniors and sophomores as well.) While recruitment was more difficult for me than most other PNMs, I also think it was easier in some ways. As an older student, you've had more time to get to know yourself and probably have a clearer idea of what you're hoping to get out of a sorority which is a huge advantage.

By: e
#4  by: me!   

I did recruitment as a transfer student and it was such a great idea! it was the best decision I made

By: me!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.